When does it end?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I so understand what you are saying Paula. But I am going to a drysuit since the temp at 40 degrees was cold last march in my wetsuit. As far as buying bp/wing I see myself trying that in the future. I guess if this is the only vice I have then I am lucky.:D

Two vices is definitely a problem for me... SCUBA and scrapbooking. The scrapbooking prices are smaller but they sure add up quickly!

I try to only buy things that I need. I have to justify my purchases and not buy things on impulse.

The problem I have though is that in my daily job I write justifications for major corporate projects. You'd be surprised what I can convince myself that I really need. :eyebrow:

Joking aside though, a drysuit is a necessary piece of gear if you want to have a year round diving season. And the water clarity in the winter is amazing. My drysuit is definitely one of my best purchases!

It will end probably when I die! Let's hope it never ends! :D

When does buying new equipment end? I just started feeling comfortable in my wetsuit this summer and now I am going to try a drysuit. I suppose next I will be looking at backplates and wings! :11:

The answer to your question is ....never......if nothing else, things wear out......lol, like the human body......

When does buying new equipment end? I just started feeling comfortable in my wetsuit this summer and now I am going to try a drysuit. I suppose next I will be looking at backplates and wings! :11:

Your situation is pretty common, unfortunately. Dive shops push the hoopty crap onto the newbie divers. Then as those new divers gain experience and become more serious they realize that what they bought just isn't cutting it.

I followed the same path. Bought the jacket BC and hoopty stuff. Moved to a backplate/wing and drysuit. I wish someone would have 'introduced' me to the backplate/wing when I started out diving. And now, I've moved from singles to a hog rig with doubles! Go figure. :)

So now, I NEED a Salvo light, and someday soon, a SCOOTER! :)

The real answer is............ it never stops!
This thing called SCUBA is an addiction!

The best way not to buy anymore is

Don't surf the INTERNET (even don't come to SB) and don't dive with any buddies who have a different or any advanced(fancy) gears. You will be able to be happy in your own world.

Otherwise, it is endless. My buddy was brining out 35W canister light last weekend, but mine was dead during the 1st dive. Guess what I am thinking right now. Actually, it isn't endless, just hopeless..... :wink:

I try to only buy things that I need. I have to justify my purchases and not buy things on impulse.

The problem I have though is that in my daily job I write justifications for major corporate projects. You'd be surprised what I can convince myself that I really need. :eyebrow:

Joking aside though, a drysuit is a necessary piece of gear if you want to have a year round diving season. And the water clarity in the winter is amazing. My drysuit is definitely one of my best purchases!

You could contract out and make a lot of money writing justifications for those of us in the scuba world. Makes it easier when we show our S/O what we bought.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom