When is the best time for Whale Sharks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NUFC

Don't get discouraged if you can't travel during 'High Season' for the Whale Sharks.

We're 'techincally' out of what's considered high season for them, and the gang from El Mar, staying with us at Utila Lodge this week, just had 3 encounters this morning!!! Know Steve's group at Deep Blue had at least 2 encounters last week ....

All 5 of these encoutners are outside of the 'high season', so it ain't outside the realm of possibility to see one, even if you can't travel Feb-April timeframe.

maybe i'll try and move my flight forward :)

i just cannot wait until next friday!

UTLgirl:
We're 'techincally' out of what's considered high season for them<snip>so it ain't outside the realm of possibility to see one, even if you can't travel Feb-April timeframe.

Like UTLGirl just bubbled, it's more an issue of that we don't know much about them yet. Data collection is in process.

For $400 extra per diver, they will guarantee you a Whalicus Sharkimus. Money back if none are found. Seems fair, right UTL?

and Doc.... I do not 'bubble'...

'bubble' is for those sweet young things with no last name. This old biddy (cause I'm not allowed to use the 5 letter b-word that truely applies) froths :eyebrow:

I'll be on Utila July 17th-23rd. I'm not expecting to see a whalshark and if I don't, it's just one more excuse to go back. :)

Back
Top Bottom