When to register for liveaboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was on board for the new White Manta's maiden voyage this weekend. The ship is beautiful and extremely steady in the water. As always though, I am biased since I work on the boat but even the crew cabins are stunning. I slept better on the boat than at home!
Excellent! I hope they'll offer an "open [-]house[/-] boat" event at the start of next season so we can see what we're offering our divers. (Whisper in Vincent's ear, Z!)

Will do. In Singapore he was planning an open house over three days on the last weekend in March but delays in getting the boat here scuttled that. We'll have that on a weeknight soon though. In Phuket in early November he should have a day for everyone to see it. In fact, the original plan was to show it to agents last month but the delays stopped that too.

What about during ADEX weekend? Is the boat going to be in the harbour so maybe we can hop on for a few minutes? (I don't even know how doable such an idea is, but I'd try to make it for a visit.)

What about during ADEX weekend? Is the boat going to be in the harbour so maybe we can hop on for a few minutes? (I don't even know how doable such an idea is, but I'd try to make it for a visit.)

The boat is scheduled to be out Thursday night around 6:30 to Sunday night around 9:00. If you are in town before or after that, I'll get you on board. Vincent, Max and I (and a lot of our DM's / instructors) will be at ADEX but Chris will be leading a trip that weekend.

Are you sure that wasn't Jamie's commission that he was giving up??? He may have gotten you a good deal with the only pay being your public "thank you" here. :(

BTW, I was on board for the new White Manta's maiden voyage this weekend. The ship is beautiful and extremely steady in the water. As always though, I am biased since I work on the boat but even the crew cabins are stunning. I slept better on the boat than at home!

Why would he give up his commission? If Pawara management hadn't offered the discount, I would have chosen another boat as there were quite a few offering last minute discounts. I thought Jamie went out of his way by making those phone calls when he could have just said sorry, they aren't offering any discounts. If he had done that, I would have still booked another boat through him.

BTW, I was on board for the new White Manta's maiden voyage this weekend. The ship is beautiful and extremely steady in the water. As always though, I am biased since I work on the boat but even the crew cabins are stunning. I slept better on the boat than at home!

I was on the Black Mantas 'last' Similans' trip (March 28 - April 1). Again sorry I missed you hope to dive with you around the same time next year on the new "White Manta". The weather was not ideal, but still a great trip. Does the new boat have EANx capability to provide for a whole trip for all divers?

Last edited:
Apadko, I was just asking, that's all. Sometimes customers "I want a discount or I take my business elsewhere, and the agent may end up giving up all or part of their commission inthe process. I was just wondering if you knew for certain that the discount came from the LOB.

Arizona, I forgot you were on that trip. I was talking to Chris when he got to Singapore and I am very glad I was on the WM last weekend instead of in the Similans. It sounded like a very rough trip. Regarding the EANx question, I believe the answer is "sort of". The compressors can fill 36 tanks in less than 1 1/2 hours but only half of the 18 of the whips are connected to the EANx. That means that if everyone was using the devil's gas, the boat boys would have to move gear around and it would take at least three hours to fill all the tanks. Not a big issue but not as smooth. Why it is like that, I am nor as certain.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom