When traveling overseas........?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We always take our regs as carry on.

I know my regs have been serviced and are working well ... I have never had any problems with hire gear, but just prefer my own!

excellent that just what I wanted to know. I wasn't sure if the airline would let me take them inmy carry on but I just feel safer if they are with me, then I know noone has thrown them around.

Pack it in my carry on. I can keep it safe while flying rather than trust the baggage manglers at the airport.

I also make sure my spare computer is with me in my Reg bag. The reg bag also make a GREAT spot to stuff all sorts of liuttle things like books, snacks.....things for the flight.

I always carry on my reg, dive computer, underwater camera and mask. BP/W, fins, booties, exposure suit and spare mask go into my checked luggage.

Pack it in checked luggage. My itineraries always have me flying for freakin hours and spending either lots of time in in-between airports or running frantically from one terminal to the next so my carryon gets lighter and lighter every time I travel :)

OT - I ADORE my new Kindle coz now I don't have to haul a ton of books either :)

Frankly, I check virtually everything.

I also carry regulator, computer, camera and housing, and prescription mask myself. Sometimes I'll put the regulator and computer in the checked luggage for the trip home. If I had a hardshell case for it I would be more willing to consider checking the camera and housing...

I always carry mine on. The scanners often want a look inside the bag because it can look a bit suspicious through the xray.

I can understand putting sensative and valuable gear in carry on - What about exposure suits? Brisbane in August - a bit chilly. Drysuit takes up less space in carry on.

What do you think??
Rich:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom