When traveling to dive resorts do you bring your own regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

slackercruster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99

Or do you use the regs on the boat?

Please elaborate as to why you go either way on this subject.

I bring my own, as almost everyone is going to say they do (and has on many similar threads.) What's the point of having regs if you don't use them? Rental regs are often crappy.

iwould definitly carry my own reg. and bc if I already owned them. In Coz last month a diver rented his reg. and bc for a two tank dive, reg. leaked on one of the hoses and had to cut a 60 min. dive to 30. I know my Equip and am familiar with it. If you do rent , try to check your reg and bc. before leaving on boat or dive shop. This may have been an isolated incident with rented equip. but could have been avoided especially if you had your own equip. There is no problem with room for bc and reg. in carry on on airplane .I pack light anyway.so between carryon ,personal bag, and checked bag I have plenty of room for all my gear. My two cents worth, bring all your gear. Good diving

I bring all my own gear. I know my gear -- I know how my regs breathe, and how they're set up (in terms of hose length and arrangement on my body). I know how much I can do to repair/adjust my own regs. I know they were dived recently and are working correctly.

I like bringing all my own things, for pretty much the same reasons.

Definitely. I also bring almost everything else except weights and tanks. The Regs are just too smal and convenient to leave at home. Plus as has been mentioned, I know when all my gear was serviced and that it has been taken care of.

I bring all my own gear, even if it means cutting down on topside supplies and clothes. Like others have said your regs are your life support. I know when mine are serviced, how they are taken care, what they normally breath like. The rest of my gear...comfort mostly. I am very comfortable in my gear. I have hundreds of dives on it and I don't see why I would trade that for gear I have never dove, probably won't fit right, and might malfunction due to lack of care. And finally the less new variables added to a dive the more likely it is, in my opinion, to be a safe and fun dive. Traveling adds one new variable right off the bat, so i try to keep it to just that one new variable.
ymmv

Tanks and weights are about the only think I do NOT bring when traveling.

Sometimes I'll even bring all the weight I need (steel plate + STA) :)

Yes, of course.

Please elaborate as to why you go either way on this subject.
I bought them. Why wouldn't I want to use them?

I use them away from home for all of the same reasons I use them at home - which are all of the reasons I bought them in the first place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom