When & Where to go in Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mish

Reaction score
Hi

Hope someone can help me. When is the best time of year to go to Mexico? I want to go sometime from Nov-Jan but would like to know if that is the busy/quiet time.

Also, where is the best place to go? I am an Open Water diver, and my boyfriend is an Instructor. Will I be limited on certain dives because of the Open Water Status. (In Australia, to dive on one wreck you had to be Advanced or above). Am I best to try and do my Advanced before we go?

Also, I don't want to be diving everyday. Left to my boyfriend, he would dive 2-3 times everyday, but I prefer to see other things aswell. I would like to do maybe 4 dives a week but no more.

Hi Mish,

Try scanning the present board page and a few back from that. They're loaded with the type of info you seem to be seeking.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Hi Mish,

Cozumel is pretty quiet between Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is actually pretty nice, the weather is usually pretty cool and not too many people. I like Cozumel because the diving is great and there is a lot to do not only on the island but also tons of stuff to do a short ferry ride away on the mainland. As far as your open water diver status, I would recommend taking advanced if you can before you go. I say this if for no other reason to boost your confidence and general diving skills. Although, I do not think anyone will give you many problems as a open water diver.

Hola Mish!
Cozumel is quite in November and December. Begining of January is where our high season begans. Most of our visitors are one day only. They come on a tour from Cancun, Playa del Carmen or Cruise Ship.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom