When you are diving with ditchable weights ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tinman pinch weights are not for all belts. The new 2lb size was designed to also accommodate thicker Rob Allen and Sumora belts. While the 2lb weights will slide (not necessarily when wearing) on thinner rubber belts such as OMER and Spetton which requires readjusting weights each time before wearing. The Mako belt may be thick enough to prevent sliding.

http://makospearguns.com/details.php?prodId=247&category=6

For freediving, it may be best to get some weight over the lungs. I use a seac sub weight vest with 1/3 weight in vest and 2/3 on belt.

Slotted weights are a great solution, but once you learn how to manipulate the buckle it's really pretty easy to change standard weights.

I often adjust weights in the water diving from a kayak or dive board so the pockets in the weight vest work out well for me. New suit materials are so darn compressible plus increased awareness of shallow water blackout and Samba has made me much more sensitive to optimum weight while freediving.

I hear you, I'm still diving my GN-231, when it dies I'm going to have to learn to dive all over again. My Olson buckle pouch belt is a good solution for me.

Back
Top Bottom