Whenever I surface I have to blow my nose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

6gunsal

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
At first I thought this was just because I had the last remnants of a head cold when I had this happen last year. But when I dove/dived/went diving last week I had to blow a nice fat snot rocket every time I surfaced.
Is this just some pressure phenom that is drawing the mucus out of my head as the pressure is dropping? Is this really nothing new? I ask because none of my dive buddies have ever seemed to have this happen to them. At least I don't notice them blowing their noses...

I also did a quick search (for all you forum police) and didn't find anything

Coming up with a snoot full of snot is perfetcly normal.

Get in the habit of blowing it clear when you surface while you can still rinse it way. You'll be tidier when you exit.

When my dive runs over an hour I will load up and need to blow my nose under water. Pinch ONE nostril and exhale through the other, left, right, left, right, no more problem.

Pete

What do you think the sleeve on your wetsuit is for - exposure protection is only it's 2nd most important job.

I always get a good Okkie blow after the dive, the grossest part is watching the fish gobble it up :shakehead:

At first I thought this was just because I had the last remnants of a head cold when I had this happen last year. But when I dove/dived/went diving last week I had to blow a nice fat snot rocket every time I surfaced.
Is this just some pressure phenom that is drawing the mucus out of my head as the pressure is dropping? Is this really nothing new? I ask because none of my dive buddies have ever seemed to have this happen to them. At least I don't notice them blowing their noses...

The symptoms are from not diving enough...its called "Nose Nudibranchitis"...cure..DIVE MORE!!:D

I've experienced something similar but it was in the form of drainage in the back of my throat. I usually try to hack it all out before getting back on the boat.

Usually after removing my fins at the bottom of the ladder, I'll remove my mask, put it in a fin pocket and clear my head before surfacing. It gets strange looks from DMs, but there's rarely any brains on my face.

I'm glad I'm not the only one this happens to. At least it's better than having a bloody nose at depth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom