Where are the fossil shows this year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you Bill. I will likely dive Venice in 2010. It's just too much fun to pass up. Beautiful water, flat surface, sunshine, no surge, low current, short boat rides, 30 foot dives, WITH visibility! It's interesting to hear the Venicestonians complain about the viz. My perspective on the Venice viz was, its 3ft WITHOUT a flashlight. That borders on excellent viz to me. But then I am use to black water diving with zero viz. The only problem with black water is when the turbidity is EXTREMELY high, even using a high powered flashlight you can only see 1 inch in front of your mask. When I find myself laying on the bottom with my facemask ON the bottom, the words "this is ridiculous" goes through my mind and "I am bailing out" comes next.

If things line up correctly I will hook up with Jamie Bostwick for diving April 11th and 12th. Jamie is a great guy and I recommend him highly. He just happens to have a great boat! It's called the Aristakat.

Be forwarded. The fossils offshore Venice are completely covered with the same pink and white growth everything else. They are very camoflaged. One HAS to look for "shape" or you will not find a thing.

Here is some information for the diver/fossil collector.

The annual Cypress Gardens fossil show has been announced.

If you are close to Charleston SC February 20th, 2010, and you would like to get an up close look at, high quality megalodon sharks teeth, arrowheads, spearpoints, american indian axe, mammoth teeth and tusk, saber tooth tiger fangs, and assortments of fossils, here is a display you might want to visit. These are not replicas like you see in museums. These items belong to private collectors.

Cypress Gardens presents “Frozen in Time”, a winter fossil show. Each year, new fossil remains are uncovered on the South Carolina coast. Come experience some of these exciting fossilized items! The Cypress Gardens fossil festival will feature displays of local fossils found and prepared by local collectors as well as some exotic fossil material.

Here is a link: Fossil Festival / Cypress Gardens in Moncks Corner / South Carolina

Back
Top Bottom