Where are the Leopard Sharks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw one 10 days or so ago at Koh Bon. At the Koh Bon Pinnacle, North side I think, resting on the sand at 39 meters depth.
First shark (excluding a Whale Shark at Richelieu once!) that I see in Thailand in over 80 dives I've done here.

IMG_0152.jpgIMG_0149.jpgFinally! Saw a juvenile Leopard Shark at Koh Tachi Reef on 11/3/2012

Also at the divesites from Phuket htey're back again. Sightings at Anemone Reef, Shark Point, several Phi Phi sites, Racha Noi. They really go into hiding when it gets them too busy.

Also at the divesites from Phuket htey're back again. Sightings at Anemone Reef, Shark Point, several Phi Phi sites, Racha Noi. They really go into hiding when it gets them too busy.

I hope to see them in about 5.5 weeks on the Similans.

The common names may and can vary, most important is that here in this thread we know which kind of shark we are talking about. The one locally known as leopard shark.

And for who who doesn't know, the next in the line are the Manta Rays....I got told, proudly, in Koh Payam that they can fin the tops of the wings of Manta Rays and sell them as Shark fins.....

Education is the only thing that works. And we'd better hurry up.

A radical change in human behavior is necessary. Our whole natural world is being destroyed by us (rapidly and efficiently) and most of us don't even think or care about it. Humans are part of nature (we're not standing above it) and by destroying our natural world we will ultimately destroy ourselves. Period.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom