Where are the Leopard Sharks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mase

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I have been diving the Similan Island for the past 10 years. Previously, I would see Leopard Sharks on every trip, however that has changed in the past 2 years. I have done 7 trips (5 last season and 2 this season) and have seen only 1 leopard shark. Sites where I usually found Leopard Sharks have been barren. Is it just a matter of luck or is something else going on? Do we have to go to the market to see a Leopard Shark? Any thoughts?

Or a Chinese restaurant.
So sad. So foolish.

...... but very tasty. :D
I assume you're talking about the broth, not the fins. ...unless you have some superhuman tastebuds.

And the broth is essentially flavored with crab, so it's crab soup with some chewy gristle-like stringy stuff floating in it. (And before anybody claims I have no cultural sensitivity to this, let me say I have been part of a Chinese family for the past 35 years.)

The stock is chicken broth in Singapore (and I thought most other places) but just take out the fins, add in some noodles and you have my Mother's cure-all for any sickness; i.e., chicken noodle soup.

Quero:6205610:
And the broth is essentially flavored with crab, so it's crab soup with some chewy gristle-like stringy stuff floating in it. (And before anybody claims I have no cultural sensitivity to this, let me say I have been part of a Chinese family for the past 35 years.)

And your point is? Wrong is wrong, where you live wont excuse it. If it were a sustainable species that would be very different.

And your point is? Wrong is wrong, where you live wont excuse it. If it were a sustainable species that would be very different.
Huh? I'm guessing you read my post too fast .... go back and try again and you may realize that I certainly wasn't advocating in favor of shark finning in order to produce soup.

The stock is chicken broth in Singapore (and I thought most other places) but just take out the fins, add in some noodles and you have my Mother's cure-all for any sickness; i.e., chicken noodle soup.
Yes, the stock is chicken, but the flavoring is most often crab meat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom