• Asia

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • South America

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 8 2.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amanda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I always feel like I'm the only foreigner here (in terms of geography, of course...), as I'm French.

It seems interesting to me that, since we're from everywhere on this planet, our dive habits are totally different... Tell me a how people dive in your country !
:)

PS : French people dive as they behave : badly... And of course as we invented diving (hehehe), we know better than anyone else what diving is all about...
*sigh*

Amanda once bubbled...

PS : French people dive as they behave : badly...
*sigh*

Not as badly as you play rugby though! -or drive for that matter!

:D

I dive in SE asia mostly although I've done a few dives in the Med.

Phil TK
(an 'ow yu say' 'rosbeef')

with all the communication advancements, internet and others. I think it's amazing that we can all communicate and share ideas and stories throughout the world as easily as we can with our closest neighbors.

Living in New Mexico, sometimes I've gotten the response: How life down in Mexico? or We charge extra to ship to foreign country.

It is getting better...

I live in Ontario, about an hour and 1/2 northeast of Toronto.
I dive year round, in a dry suit.
My diving is primarily on shipwrecks.
I've been as far east as Rimouski Quebec,
west to Georgian Bay , south to Florida,
Cozumel, Dominican Republic, St Thomas, St Vincent, Barbados, Cabo San Lucas.

Mike D
:blfish:

Amanda once bubbled...
I always feel like I'm the only foreigner here (in terms of geography, of course...), as I'm French.

It seems interesting to me that, since we're from everywhere on this planet, our dive habits are totally different... Tell me a how people dive in your country !

PS : French people dive as they behave : badly... And of course as we invented diving (hehehe), we know better than anyone else what diving is all about...
*sigh*

Americans dive in a similar way to how foreiners regard us in general, Demanding and arogant !

:) :D :)

I am British, but have been in the Northeast USA since mid Child-hood (Vermont). We frequently dive in Lakes set within the green mountains in this region. Some quarry dives as well. And of course, Ice Dives. Just a three hour drive to the Maine coast, so we do a lot of day trips there.

Many divers from around here, dive only when they travel someplace warm. :D ,

Andrew

OKLAHOMA....Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain......... Sorry, I love to break into song!!

Anyway, not much diving around here. I have dove the lakes and didn't care for it. I usually get my diving in during summer months and I go out of the country!!!
:bandito:

Hi,
I dive in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Cape Ann in Glouster, Mass. is a beautiful area to dive. Lots of beautiful sea life and terrain. We'll also go down to Rhode Island and see some tropical fish like spotfin butterflyfish, (brought by the gulf stream). It's amazing to see such a different set of species in these two areas that are so close.

Unfortunately, this time of the year is too cold for me to dive, but I know people who dive year round out here with their dry suits.

Last June, I dove in Antibes, France. Very nice! I really liked the dive operation.

I am from the middle east , Lebanon Beriut

Amanda once bubbled...

*sigh*

I like you already :D

I'm an ex-pat Canadian living in Holland.

R..

I live in Kitchener, that's about an hour west of Toronto. Originally from that renown potato province (PEI) on the East Coast.
Almost all my diving has been Lake Huron & Georgian Bay so far, with one trip to Gilboa Quarry and a couple to smaller Ontario lakes. Hope to go to Mexico next year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom