Where are your car keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do realize that I resurrected this post. With current events in my own life and coming across this link I believe people need to think about where they leave their keys. I helped some people try to find their keys after they fell out whidiving. CALL IT KARMA!!!

I lock my keys in the car, I have a spare key on a lanyard (hunting license holder) around my neck.

I've got keyless entry on my truck, so I actually hide my keys in the truck and just lock it. Then all I have to do is remember my code.

auberg:
I've got keyless entry on my truck, so I actually hide my keys in the truck and just lock it. Then all I have to do is remember my code.
So, you have a pretty good relationship with locksmiths by now, right?

I put them in my trunk pockets then spend the next few weeks looking for a cheap replacement for the remote! :D

teknitroxdiver:
So, you have a pretty good relationship with locksmiths by now, right?

Yeah that too. :D

As long as I have MY truck, I'm good. Now if its a rental or something like that, I tie the key in my trunks.

They make a gas cap with key compartment. My dive buddie put his key behind the fuel door at Dutch Springs once. No one messed with it.

In case you do a lot of shore diving; the next time you look for a car get one with the key pad on the outside of the drivers door.

I drive an Opel Combo delivery van (possibly the most expensive piece of dive gear I own) that I customized for diving trips. I had a small home safe with a combination lock welded and bolted to the floor behind the passenger seat that holds my radio front, navigation palmtop, driving license & car papers, mobile phone, all my keys, logbook, and those of my buddy. The cheap key that opens the doors goes onto my bcd with a stainless steel suicide clip. I still lock the car for some reason, but might as well leave it open as any car with windows is easily broken into. Most sites I dive feature small heaps of glass next to each parking space.

thumb_IMG_5929.jpg
thumb_IMG_5953.jpg
thumb_IMG_5954.jpg

Art

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom