Where can I learn more about this vintage depth gauge? Aqualung Calypso

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nevek

Registered
Reaction score
My girlfriend bought this for me and I think its really cool. Sorry about the bad pic, if people are interested I can get a better one. It is made by Aqua Lung and it says Calypso on the face. Depth goes to 100 feet. I want to learn more about it, like age and possibly how I could take it apart to clean it up a little. Any suggestions/ideas on where to start looking?

depthgauge.jpg

The gauge was made in the early 70s. US Divers had several versions. Mine has a black face. I can not remember the significance in the face colors.

Here is a clip out of the 1966 US Divers Catalog. I have not gone back further to see if it is in any earlier catalogs. Calypso was a popular product name at US Divers because of Cousteau’s ship.

Attachments

• USD Calypso Depth Gauge 1966.jpg
    USD Calypso Depth Gauge 1966.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 689
Or exactly what year it is?

That gauge is (or at least should be) liquid filled. You can not dissamble it without doing major damage to it. Clean the outside and dive it if it works, otherwise it's a display piece.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom