Where did you dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gulliver's Lake, 47 min, 21 ft (can't get much deeper), 57 F degree water temp. Try out some new gear.

In the giant kelp at Millers Point - South Africa

temp 51f - 9 seven gill sharks swimming around us for one hour - sizing us up? dang, they are BIG! 12 other sharks smaller species - and the constant thought that big boys - the gws - were never far away - and i mean that! this is their hunting ground. You really look close when a new shark turns up...

Diving today on "Northern Exposure"
Water 82F, Vis 60ft, Sunny & calm.
Peter

Attachments

• Frog-small.gif
    Frog-small.gif
    19.2 KB · Views: 47
I went for a few dives on the Rijnland III last Friday and Saturday.

[table 0 0 3]Location|Duration|Depth|Temp
Strijenham|74 Minutes|7M/23Ft|15C/59F
LG1|61 Minutes|11M/36Ft|14C/57F
De Ketel|58 Minutes|16M/52Ft|14C/57F[/table]

So, where did you dive today? :)

This weekend. Perfect weather - 20c, sunny, not a breath of wind, sea flat calm like a mirror and has been nice for 2 weeks and good tides.

So was expecting good conditions and got exactly the opposite.

The sea everywhere looked like green soup. Shallow dive sites visibility well under a metre and the main event of the day, a wreck in 41m was 1m green until hitting 20m down the line then completely black with torch beam stopping at 50cm distance below that. First 2 aborted before even getting to the wreck, i aborted after 4 minutes down there. Distinctly nasty.

So dive 1: Max depth 37m, total time 22mins. Temp 9c. Vis <1m
Dive 2: Max depth 20m., total time 33mins. Temp 9c. Vis <1m

Both dives done on the same single 15l tank due to being short :( Still, means i saved £8 on a nitrox fill in my tank intended for 2nd dive and the same again for my 50% stage i didnt get to use.

Just goes to show that even perfect surface conditions dont necessarily mean good diving.

"You don't have to dive EVERY weekend!" -my wife.
"Yes, you do!" -my dive buddy

"You WILL NOT dive this weekend!!! It's Mother's Day Weekend!" -my wife
"You can sleep on my couch." -my dive buddy

(Mother's Day Weekend??)

What a wonderful morning for a dive, the ocean was smooth as glass and the water temp was 82. It was great lol I did a shore dive off of Hibiscus Ave in Fort Lauderdale. 1:45 min of bottom time, I saw a brown sea turtle and tons of juvenile fish. I also found for my first time this dive season 3 Flamingo Tongue. Does anyone know why they loose their spots? One of them only had spots on the underside?

flamingo_tongues.jpg

Drum.jpg

PICT00434.jpg

Hey Divergirl4U;

I did a beach dive at the south end of Pompano Beach today.
I have seen more Flamingo Tongues this year than ever for some reason. It could be that I have been taking more pictures than ever, so I am noticing them more. The spots are on the mantle of the animal itself. I have seen as many as 4 at a time on single sea fan this year also. I have not seen that before, but as I said I was probably oblivious in the past. I also noticed that the Queen Conch have dug themselves up out of the sand, and they were all locked up doing the wild thing.
Yayy! More Conch, and more Flamingo Tongues.

Back
Top Bottom