Where did you dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Patched three more holes in my drysuit this morning, got all my gear set up on the dock and then putting on my suit one of the wrist seals ripped about two inches. Tried to dive anyway, got as far as 21' before I gave up due to all the water leaking into my arm. Man I need a new suit.

I made it to the pool for a test of newly repared/rebuilt equipment. Nothing exciting for sure, but it was wet!

May 03 - Dived the Falcon in Lake Washington ...

Submerged Cultural Resources Exploration Team - Falcon

It was a great day to be out on the lake. Vis was about as good as it gets ... maybe 4 meters (12-13 feet). Water temp on the wreck was 39 degrees.

Bottom gas 18/45, with EAN50 and O2 for deco. Spent 25 minutes on the wreck, with a 43 minute ascent.

One of the better dives I've ever done in the lake ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Finally weather allowed 2nd sea dive of the year.

Clear skies, sun and light wind for first time in months. UNTIL we got to the edge of the coast and thick sea fog reduced surface visibility to about 300 yards. That made for a very difficult boat journey blindly following the GPS praying it was accurate and hoping we didnt hit boats or land (no visible shore, no radar).

Got to first dive site, waited for fog to burn (not safe to dive if you cant see where your divers need picking up) and apparently visibility less than 3ft so terrible. Decided to try somewhere new, moved further up coast back into sunshine, found a random small island and went there. Island full of seals and birds, no habitation and i did my 60 min solo dive with camera in 5-6m vis (way above average for here) with lots of life including octopus,seals,massive crab,lobster and fish.
So eventually worth it despite slightly dicey boat journey and first failed site :)
Finally 2008 sea dive #2. It took 5 months due to the weather but was OK in the end.

Oh water was 10c and i got cold but also got a badly sunburnt face.

Back to the Vinkeveense plassen for this season's first night dive.

[table 0 0 3]Location|Duration|Depth|Temp
Vinkeveen (Zandeiland 4)|52 Minutes|10M/33Ft|11C/52F[/table]
The dive itself was uneventful, which could not be said about the after-party. :drunks:

So, where did you dive today? :)

Dived at "The Office" tonight.

Tomorrow I'll be back at Redondo.

Saturday it's a scooter dive.

Sunday, Hood Canal ... where I'll be doing my 2,000th logged dive ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I dove a beautiful coral reef. The seas were dead calm, the water was 77F and the visibility was150' plus. I saw three sand tiger sharks (that I fed!) and a giant nurse. Saw five turtles, the largest weighing 540lbs and I scratched her shell for a while. I saw three green morays, a spotted, a goldentail and an sharptail. Saw two barracuda, a black drum, two large southern sting rays and two cownose rays (fed all of them too). Saw tarpins galore, permits of enormous size, sea bass and groupers, puffer fish, burr fish, tangs and angels in the hundreds. I was molested by a half blind queen trigger fish and I hunted for an injured juvi stoplight parrot. I fed silversides to lookdowns and gel to trunkfish.

Oh, wait - I was at work. Huh - guess my day wasn't too bad...

j

Bainbridge Quarry in Pennsylvania...I tagged along on an open water class and did two dives.

dive 1: 21 minutes max depth 40 ffw 45 degrees (cut short by a student issue)

dive 2: 35 mintues 49 ffw 45 degrees

I was working out with some new equipment, and did some adjustements and hopefully, next time I'll look a LITTLE bit better and be more comfy with it.

First ones of the season, and looking forward to a LOT more this year!

Last edited:
Den Osse/nieuwe kerkweg.

Last checkout dive for this group.

14m-45min.
viz.1mtr.max.
temp.14C-10C
topsite 27C.Summer is here,hope she stays here.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom