Where did you dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Back to my local mudhole. I found yet another exquisitely cute little critter with the most uncute name of "snailfish". It's about three inches long, and rather shy ...

IMG_5526.jpg

IMG_5528.jpg

We also found several more lumpsuckers. This one is a most unusual color ... in fact, it blended in with the rock it was sitting on so well that I almost didn't see it ...

IMG_5525.jpg

And finally, in the "tiny" category ... slug on a stick. This flabellina nudibranch is only about a half-inch long. The hermit crab below it is so small I didn't even notice it was there until I downloaded the picture ...

IMG_5535.jpg

This was all on a very shallow night dive along the edge of an eelgrass bed ... max depth 17 fsw, average depth 11 fsw, total bottom time 68 minutes ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

That's what you call your local mudhole??

I went to mine today, 3°C water temp, 22m. Around lunchtime, and it was dark below 6m already. THAT's what I call mudhole :)

42 min dive. The lake is call St. Leon Rot, in Southern Germany.

That's what you call your local mudhole??

I went to mine today, 3°C water temp, 22m. Around lunchtime, and it was dark below 6m already. THAT's what I call mudhole :)

42 min dive. The lake is call St. Leon Rot, in Southern Germany.

Wow ... that's cold. Our local waters are about 9 degrees C right now. And Puget Sound is typically murky. Since it was a night dive, it was dark as soon as we left the surface ... :D

But night time is the best time for critters ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back to my local mudhole. I found yet another exquisitely cute little critter with the most uncute name of "snailfish". It's about three inches long, and rather shy ...

IMG_5526.jpg

IMG_5528.jpg

We also found several more lumpsuckers. This one is a most unusual color ... in fact, it blended in with the rock it was sitting on so well that I almost didn't see it ...

IMG_5525.jpg

And finally, in the "tiny" category ... slug on a stick. This flabellina nudibranch is only about a half-inch long. The hermit crab below it is so small I didn't even notice it was there until I downloaded the picture ...

IMG_5535.jpg

This was all on a very shallow night dive along the edge of an eelgrass bed ... max depth 17 fsw, average depth 11 fsw, total bottom time 68 minutes ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

They are so cute :)!

I just did a very relaxing midnight dive in Monterey Ca to bring in the New Years ;-)!

Attachments

• Canadian diving  at its best.jpg
    Canadian diving at its best.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 42
  • jan 1 2010 pre-dive.jpg
    jan 1 2010 pre-dive.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 65
  • Jan 1 2010 Cedar Hill.jpg
    Jan 1 2010 Cedar Hill.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 51
Staffing on ow dives one and two in the local spot...0 degrees with slush-ice in the surface and 2 degrees on 6m depth...Cold...Cold Sweden.

New Years day dive, Wiarton, Lake Huron/Georgian Bay.

51 ft, 24 min, 39F degree water temp and a really fresh wind out of the north, 27 F air temp, plus wind chill and snow flurries. The shore ice is forming.
http://ice-glaces.ec.gc.ca/prods/NAIS25ECT/20091231180000_NAIS25ECT_0004746320.gif

A couple of gobis and some surge.

Ontario winter diving at its finest!

Wow, looks a lot like my dive today! Lake Constance/Bodensee. Just google-map the following numbers: 47.762545,9.15493

3°C water, -3°C air temp. 43m and a total dive time of 82min. :coolsnow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom