Where did you solo dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:D
PADI Contact Lens Diver? Gotta look into that one :p

:D

love this true story.

i used to coach novice water ski-ing, one day we had an absolute beginner, fell of his skis & thrashed about in the water. worried us so we shot over to him ready to go in & rescue him. in a cut glass (posh) upper class accent he exclaimed he had lost his contact lens & could we help him look for it - in a 12 acre lake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A beautiful day here in Tobermory, after a couple of days of stormy weather. The surface water temp has dropped back into the mid/low 50s (from the balmy mid/upper 60s of late August)...

Water temp at 152' was about 41F today, vis was about 60' laterally, and about 130' vertically. Bottom time of 22 min, total time of 40 minutes, with 100% 02 deco.

There was still a fair bit of activity around town with a few boats out today, although I didn't see anyone else on the lake. :D

Here's a pic my "same lake, same day" buddy took a few weeks ago as we passed at 130'.

Attachments

• stuonfc.jpg
    stuonfc.jpg
    417.1 KB · Views: 89
Sweetttttttttttt!!!! I love it! I wish the water around her was like that, the last FW I dove like that was in Montana in 08 I miss that stuff so bad.

Had a nice day on Saturday. We had a gathering from our local online dive "club" ... somewhere between 50 and 60 divers with assorted spouses, kids and dogs showing up. I got there about an hour and a half early to get in a solo dive before everyone else showed up. Did a nice 57 minute dive down to a bottle field at around 90 fsw. Vis was exceptional for Puget Sound ... better than 40 feet. On the way down I found the cutest little juvenile wolf eel tucked underneath the remains of a boat. The little girl was only about 2 inches in diameter ...

IMG_7921.jpg

With all the classes I've been doing lately that was my first solo dive in several weeks ... felt good to be down there with just my camera and my little buddy AL ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

how neet! Thanks for showing!

I found the cutest little juvenile wolf eel tucked underneath the remains of a boat. The little girl was only about 2 inches in diameter ...

What an awesome wee beast. Amazing how they get from that to a wolf eel~ :confused:

A beautiful day here in Tobermory, after a couple of days of stormy weather. The surface water temp has dropped back into the mid/low 50s (from the balmy mid/upper 60s of late August)...

Water temp at 152' was about 41F today, vis was about 60' laterally, and about 130' vertically. Bottom time of 22 min, total time of 40 minutes, with 100% 02 deco.

There was still a fair bit of activity around town with a few boats out today, although I didn't see anyone else on the lake. :D

Here's a pic my "same lake, same day" buddy took a few weeks ago as we passed at 130'.

Wow awesome pic!!!

Wow awesome pic!!!

The Forest City is one of my favourite dives. Wish I was there now.

I did my two deepest solo dives this week ... 171 and 163 fsw, respectively. I had planned to do them with a dive buddy, but her mom died suddenly the day after we arrived at our destination and she had to go home. Since we had driven 12 hours to get to this destination with a particular goal in mind, I decided to go it alone ... although I changed from our original planned depth of 200 fsw and kept the deco fairly short (19 minutes and 14 minutes, respectively).

We were in northern Vancouver Island, in Nootka Sound, in search of cold-water gorgonians. They start showing up at about 130 fsw, get interesting at around 150, and get rather more spectactular as you go deeper.

Here's a shot I took on the first dive, at about 170 ...

IMG_8198.jpg

Here's one from the second dive, slightly shallower ... maybe 150 ... much smaller, but some of the coral polyps are visible ...

IMG_8366.jpg

That second one's got a garnish of strawberry anemones on the side ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom