Where else to shore dive solo beside Bonaire & Curacao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see you missed the "reasonable flight distance from central New York" and I forgot to add sans-neoprene. I can dive all the cold water I want here without getting on a plane.

I live in West Virignia, and I consider Hawaii a "reasonable" flight distance from here. The Kohala coast on the Big Island is wonderful for solo diving.

I haven't been as yet, but I believe some people shore dive some in St. Croix. I get the impression that's as a supplement to boat diving, which differs from the popular Bonaire model, but something to think about. Cane Bay Dive Shop has this to say:

[h=3]CANE BAY[/h] Rated as one of the top dive sites in the entire Caribbean, this locale has something for everyone. Less than 100 yds from shore, and at a starting depth of only 30-40 ft., it is a beautiful living coral garden filled with soft and hard corals of every type. Teeming with tropical fish and aquatic life, this site is truly a diver's dream. The famous Cane Bay Wall drops from 40 to over 3,200 ft. and includes vertical and slow sloping areas. Nineteenth century anchors and large deep water sea life can be found along the wall. Cane Bay offers several different dive sites from one easy beach entry. A night dive along the wall is an experience not soon forgotten and the photo opportunities are fantastic.

And that same page I linked lists a number of other sites as 'beach or boat.'

I priced a package online with Cane Bay Dive Shop, and overall, looks like the cost of lodging, diving & airfare would be competitive with other options. And I, too, like shore diving, and am hoping to do some solo. I don't know what the shop's view of it is.

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom