Where in the continental US??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cougar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've got a frequent flyer ticket that has to be used before mid July. Problem is it's only good for the continental US...so Hawaii or the Caribbean won't work. Can anyone suggest a diev spot with warm water and decent visability that I could reach with my free ticket??

I would have to say either FLorida (West Palm Beach or even the keys maybe, but a little more expensive for the lodging and diving) or North Carolina (some good wreck diving, and lots of cool stuff).

I wish i was going with ya!!!

Even though the waters aren't warm I would check out the Channel Islands in CA. Great diving!!!!!! Excellent kelp forests!! it's a little cold but nothing a good wetsuit won't fix.

Jason

I'd say Florida Keys, there's Largo, Marathon, Key West. Check out the north America travel section on this site. The water is warm and you might even luck out and get the blue water.**********:smilie(':fly:')
Pilot Fly down to Miami or Key West if the airline**********:smilie(':thinkof:')
Thinking of goes there, rent a car and go to it.

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac

I don’t know if you still can but you used to be able to get round trip tickets to the Bahamas from Miami for $79. So you could use your ticket to get to Miami and buy an additional ticket to the Bahamas.

Just an idea,
Mike

caymaniac,

If he goes to Largo, he'll miss the Keys. Largo is near St. Petersburg in the Tampa Bay area. I think you mean Key Largo.

North Carolina if you like historical wrecks, though the conditons do change rapidly. The water is warm if you dive with operations south of Cape Hatteras. You can try Outer Banks Diving or Olympus Divers, both are well reguarded. The water out in the gulf stream where most of the wrecks are is generally warm and the viz is good. I have heard the currents can really rip at times and the wrecks are pretty far off shore. I think the wrecks my fiance went to last summer were about 18-20 miles out and it was about a 2 hours ride. Fortunately she had good weather, calm seas, warm water, and excellent viz. I wish i could have gone.

Back
Top Bottom