Where is it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is my next dive destination.....

12-island.jpg

Just for a very general geographic orientation, are we south of the Philippines and north of Australia, the Pacific to the east and Indian Ocean to the west? It's always interesting how the sky and sea seem regionally distinctive for reasons hard to pin down.

Mark, I guess you know the history of the Saintes, where La Coche is located, the 1782 sea battle just offshore between Admirals Rodney and DeGrasse that saved Jamaica and ensured British domination of the West Indies for the next Century. An amazing victory for Rodney against heavy odds, and the destruction of the 20,000 man invasion army on board De Grasse's ships, headed for Jamaica. "Iron men in wooden ships."

Interesting people on the Saintes, many old long established 'poor white' fishing families there. An unusual social structure. Some great diving, pristine.

The conversations that are going on around this game are fascinating. Now that you folks have us tantalized to visit places we may not yet have considered, please finish the thought with a short "if you go" segment to suggest: Diving best suited for (beginner/advanced/...); dive highlights (macro/pelagics/currents/canyons/...); topside lifestyle & facilities (hang with the locals/resort/liveaboard/...).

Many thanks,
HDIGIT

Yes it is Malapascua, Diversteve got it....

Did you use Google image search???

Malapascua is known for Thresher Shark diving. This is a remote location, no ATMs, 3 hrs overland and a boat ride from Cebu airport. Sounds perfect?

No but I googled the name off the boat assuming it was some sort of resort. One of their photos on the website shows a boat with similar lettering.

dive-facilities-5.jpg

Does that count? IDK the rules here.

If you've been there, you'll remember this:

w.jpg

Back
Top Bottom