Where should I get my instructor certification?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I want to go somewhere fun to get my certification. I want to do it in either the US or Australia, but I really don't know where. Any ideas?

Ocean Divers or Rainbow Reef in Key Largo Florida are both great options.

Another thing to consider is working with a dive shop in a area where you plan on instructing once you are a instructor

I want to go somewhere fun to get my certification. I want to do it in either the US or Australia, but I really don't know where. Any ideas?

Do you really have less than 24 dives? If so, the LAST thing that you should be worrying about is where to take your instructor course. You need to get in alot of diving in alot of different environments before considering becoming an instructor. When you feel you're ready, become a Divemaster and get several years experience doing that. If you still, at that point, want to be an instructor, then begin to consider where to take your course.

Do you really have less than 24 dives? If so, the LAST thing that you should be worrying about is where to take your instructor course. You need to get in alot of diving in alot of different environments before considering becoming an instructor. When you feel you're ready, become a Divemaster and get several years experience doing that. If you still, at that point, want to be an instructor, then begin to consider where to take your course.

Well said!

No offense sam_watts01, but if your dive profile is accurate, you need a lot more experience before even considering becoming a dive pro.

That being said, my spidey sense is telling me to beware a troll...

Welcome to SB Sam. I suppose this depends upon the size of your pocket book. Are you considering diving as a vocation, or just interested? Different people have different ideas how best to proceed. It really depends upon the amount of time you have available and your commitment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom