Where should I go next (dive trip)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would suggest a San Diego dive adventure.

Do a morning charter to wreck alley, then do a 3 or 4 day Southern Channel Islands live-aboard trip. I did this last year, although the wreck alley boat canceled because of conditions...then we boarded the Horizon for a three day Southern Islands trip...and the diving was fantastic. This was May of 2008.

I want my next live-aboard to be on the Horizon out of San Diego. I have been on the Horizon and the Vision a number of times, and I prefer the Horizon. I also prefer the southern islands over the northern.

Or, you could do a land-based San Diego vacation. I did this two years ago...we did a dive extended weekend. Flew in Friday. Then boarded charters Sat Morning, Sat Afternoon and Sun morning...mostly for wreck alley but we also hit some other sites. We stayed at the Dana Mission Inn; it is walking distance to where the two charters we booked depart from. My wife is a non-diver, so she spent some reading time at the hotel while my buddy and I were on the boats. Then we flew home Monday. I think the Sunday boat was not wreck alley...I think we picked a kelp beds (not as deep) trip since we would be flying the next day.

Then there is the San Diego downtown and nightlife.

For a quick trip you can't beat Catalina. Great daytime diving, and great nightlife.

Hold on, there's nightlife in catalina?! :shocked2: Or do you mean back on the mainland?

Mike -

If you have never been, go dive the cenotes in Mexico, it will change you forever. If it turns out you do not enjoy the cenotes, which I will find difficult to believe (and if that is the case, I will have to fly out west to smack ya in the head :wink:), there are the reefs and wrecks.

So my job gives us a week off for Thanksgiving and two weeks for Christmas/New Years. I figure that the Thanksgiving on would be a good time to do a mini trip. Something that'd let me leave on Friday and come back on Wednesday (so I can be here for turkey day).

Anyone have any places they'd like to suggest? Thinking in the US but won't rule out a Canada or Mexico trip.

Mike, November is prime diving time around Catalina. Come on down, you won't be sorry!

Robin and I were just talking about doing another Channel Islands live aboard yesterday... Maybe we can get a few more of our buddies to join... I could do that around the Thanksgiving time... Robin, Sarah, Michelle, Ron and Carrie... I am shouting out to you too!!!

Oh, I want to go on a Channel Islands trip so bad right now!!! The Vision is going out that weekend. :D

Robin and I were just talking about doing another Channel Islands live aboard yesterday... Maybe we can get a few more of our buddies to join... I could do that around the Thanksgiving time... Robin, Sarah, Michelle, Ron and Carrie... I am shouting out to you too!!!
I'd like that Paula. I'm not sure about my schedule yet. thing is I'm seriously contemplating a new camera, and when I get it I will be able to take AWESOME pics. down side is There won't be any $ left to dive with if I get it.:shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom