Where to dive in and around Sydney

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No worries.. I can answer that question easily... yes. My hubby is a big Douglas Adams fan. He registered the username here for both of us to use. He said I Hijacked the identity by posting too much so he had to register one for him. I thought of it for him and tried to convince him to let me have it.... his username is much more appropriate.... thanksforalllthefish :)

---------- Post added April 3rd, 2014 at 07:30 PM ----------

I started a thread a few years ago that turned into a bit of a dive chat thread.... You have to join Surface Interval to access it tho. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/surface-interval/459034-hher-v-dive-shop-end-universe.html HH'er V Dive shop at the end of the universe really neat friendly group... check it out if you want.... Closest HH'er to you I suspect is the one in Dubia

So glad you had some good dives and it was great to meet you! How was Magic Point? I was sorry I wasn't rostered on for that one but thoroughly enjoyed our 90 minute Shelly Beach Odyssey!

Excellent thread with a ton of resources. Thanks.
I'm in Sydney (Eastern Suburbs) and this is a great resource for a new guy in town (here for two-ish years).

Hey guys. I have enjoyed this thread. What exposure protection is needed diving in the Sydney area say between November and January. I am in the USA and my spouse is interested in visiting " sometime"!

thanks.

Hey guys. I have enjoyed this thread. What exposure protection is needed diving in the Sydney area say between November and January. I am in the USA and my spouse is interested in visiting " sometime"!

thanks.

It will depend on you really. Sea temp i think varies from about 19C in Nov to 23C in Jan (66F to 73F). Last time in Sydney I was in a 5mm steamer while the locals were in dry suits - but i'd just come from much colder water so it seemed warm to me.

Just a quick ask for opinions, just arrived in Sydney and have got 2 dives booked at Long Reef/The Apartments on the 5th July.

Worth it or should I look for alternatives site(s)?

Also, arriving back in Melbourne on the 7th, leaving for Dubai on the 11th, worth looking for any dives there? Probably the 8th would be the best day.

The Apartments is one of the best Sydney boat dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom