Where to eat dinner at on Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arubabob1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We will be staying at the Rennesance for 5 days the end of Nov and I am bringing my wife and 2 daughters. They are 19 and 26. We are not partiers but maybe list 5 places you would not want to miss out on. We have never been to Cur so we want your opinion. We like about any kind of food so it can be a mix. We will probably hit a few nice places and a few more reasonable places. Thanks alot. Aruba Bob

Fishalicious (pricey)
If you have a rental car, then SOL Food in Westpunt (open Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays)

I seen maybe Sunshine owns or runs SOL? How far away is it from town? We do have a car. I will be diving up at all west on that Sunday so if its up that way, we can stop in Sunday night. What kind of food is at Sol?

Sol Food menu - Curacao Sunshine - Rental Property on the Island of Curacao
-The ostrich farm is kind of fun and the restaurant there was interesting and good though we haven't been there in a bunch of years.
-Landhuis Daniel (on the way to west end)
-Bistro Le Clochard (near the Renaissance)
-Hooks Hut (casual, pretty good food - near Marriott Beach resort)
-find a Rijsttafel place - we used to go to Rijsttafel Indonesia which was buried in a sort of residential neighborhood in the city, don't know if it's still there.

-Hooks Hut (casual, pretty good food - near Marriott Beach resort)
Hooks is now called Pirate Bay - see my link above.

There are a lot of options for meals.
In Jan Theil you can eat at Tintos, Zanzibar, Papagayo or Zest on the beach. Kleine Werld, the Boathouse, Equus, The Hyatt, Gauchos, Il Forno, Zambesi and L'Adeau are also in the East end of the island.
On Penstraat in Punda, you can eat at the Avila Hotel, Pan e Vino, Fishalicious, Seasons, Chopstix and Rozendaels. Within a couple of miles to the East; Baoase, Golden Star, Seaside Terrace, Augusto's, Hemingway's, and Primus.
Just outside the main part of Punda there are; St. Tropez, Mundo Bizzaro, The Wine Cellar, Augustinus and Intermezzo - a little further; Pampus and De Boot.
In Punda, stop in at the Iguana Cafe and try the lionfish (personally caught by Jeff!) I think the best french fries on the island are at Pronto Pizza, a little red tent in the Gomez Plaza ask for Robbie. There are a dozen places in the Waterfort on the ocean side in Punda and a nice lunch at Sail above the Maritime Museum. The Plaza Bieu is only open for lunch, has local food and is quite the experience.
On the Otrobanda side, the Gouverneur has a great view, Tandoori Heights has Indian Food and the Hotel Kura Hulanda is reopening their restaurants (I haven't been recently). At the Rif Fort, you can get good sushi at Emma Thai, good Indian food at Indi's, and there are a number of other places including a crepe takeout place.
Order fish at Awa di Playa on the other side of the parking lot at Pirates Bay or Seaside Terrace across from the Dive Bus.
Near the Marriott and Hilton is Tempo Doeloe - Ristaffel. They have recently open another place on Santa Rosa Weg called Curnesia, also Ristaffel. Nearby is Landhuis Classics. For fun on Santa Rosa Weg, try a pastichi at Silva's almost across from Mc Donalds.
In the Zuketuinje mall you can eat at Sambal's, Omundos, DeHeeren, Terrazza and ! Bella Italia Gelato!
Nearby are Craving Sushi, De Fontein, Cinco's and Tu Tu Tango.
Heading West, Kokomo is now open at Varsenbaai. Daniels is on the Road to Westpunt, Karacter is in Coral Estates and E'Lanternu is nearby. Next to Relaxed Diving is a place I can't spell. The name I think means neighbor's wife. Before Barber you can have lunch at Dokterstuin. And in Westpunt, you can eat at the Lodge Kura Hulanda, here at Sol Food, Misje, Jaanchies or Rancho Sobrino.
My favorites?
Gelato at Bella Italia, French Fries at Pronto Pizza, loempias at Wa On (a snack on Winston Chruchill Weg near the ring road), the coconut they put on the rice at, oh let's say Curnesia because it's new and not crowded... lunch on the beach at Baoase, bacon and apple pancakes at Daniels, the view from the Iguana Cafe and lunch after a dive at Blue Bay, Varsenbaai or Porto Marie.
Hungry yet?

Any changes in recommendations? We're going to be staying in the east/NE of Willemstad for a week just a couple of weeks from now.

Back
Top Bottom