Where to find a "Compatible" dive buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darn!!! I got this too late to plan. Is there going to be a Nov. meet & greet? I'll be in Monterey next Fri, Sat, Sunday.. and would love to meet other divers. I could really use a dive buddy or two and would just enjoy meeting other divers.

I'm going next weekend to nail down my bouyancy issues and play with my camera. I have no problem spotting all the cool critters.. now I just need to learn to "capture" them on disc. LOL I'm toying with the idea of a practice night dive [without the camera] prepping for a wreck class soon. I'm still not totally comfy in low-no viz so will broach my phobia.

I am game for Saturday afternoon dive as mentioned. Since I will be traveling to town I would appreciate a buddy.

iztoc... we'll be happy to meet you and dive with you. We generally park the Great White Beast [aka my Dodge Caravan] on the lower lot at BW. I doubt my back window will be here by then but I do have a side sticker on my window.
GFTS2.html

Someone mentioned the North Coast Divers.
This would be an excellent group to dive with. There are no dues or meetings, they just meet at a spot on the first Saturday of each month and shore dive. They pick spots from Mendocino County all the way down to Monterey and rotate it around. There are also many new divers there looking just to have some fun, look at things, take their time and get some bottom time.
Go to :
www.northcoastdivers.org
and get on their forum. They have it listed where they will be diving each month.

Have fun

Eric

We have Meet & Greet group dives in Monterey every couple months and that's a great way to meet new buddies. I heard a rumor that someone (Kathy? :wink:) might be organizing one soon, so keep your eye on the Norcal forum

Is it time to put out some feelers for the next Meet and Greet?I think we're overdue for another one. :wink:

I'll vote for Saturday, November 14. :teafortwo:

We do need a meet & greet! Thanks Diving Mom you just confirms my thoughts. I'd love to meet many of you.

I'd be glad to help co-coordinate a shore meet & greet that is all inclusive.

Anyone want to help co-coordinate? Michelle :D? Anyone else?

We do need a meet & greet! Thanks Diving Mom you just confirms my thoughts. I'd love to meet many of you.

I'd be glad to help co-coordinate a shore meet & greet that is all inclusive.

Anyone want to help co-coordinate? Michelle :D? Anyone else?

So when is this meet and greet? Sunday 25th afternoon? Sounds good :wink:

iztoc... we'll be happy to meet you and dive with you. We generally park the Great White Beast [aka my Dodge Caravan] on the lower lot at BW. I doubt my back window will be here by then but I do have a side sticker on my window.
GFTS2.html

Do you want to also join us for a boat dive on Sunday morning?

Here is what options are for me:

Catch 1:30p Monterey Express ride on Saturday 24th (if my flight is on time) or do a couple of shore dives - perhaps one in the afternoon and one night dive.

Sunday 25th Monterey Express morning ride/dive.

Sunday 25th Either another Monterey Express run (or some other operator but must be willing to wait until Monterey Express returns from morning dive trip). Another option is to do an afternoon shore dive or two on Sunday.

I know Pacificgal is scheduled for 25th AM dive with me. Anyone is welcome to join.

Do you want to also join us for a boat dive on Sunday morning?

Here is what options are for me:

Catch 1:30p Monterey Express ride on Saturday 24th (if my flight is on time) or do a couple of shore dives - perhaps one in the afternoon and one night dive.

Sunday 25th Monterey Express morning ride/dive.

Sunday 25th Either another Monterey Express run (or some other operator but must be willing to wait until Monterey Express returns from morning dive trip). Another option is to do an afternoon shore dive or two on Sunday.

I know Pacificgal is scheduled for 25th AM dive with me. Anyone is welcome to join.

More details- http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/norcal/308291-lobos-10-26-10-27-a.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom