Where to find switch for cannister

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tony,

When you swap the boot put a dab sealant inside the boot all the way at the tip and coat the threads of the switch with a little more before you install the boot. This will help seal the boot around the toggle and the base. Also fill the recess the switch sits in so when you install it the sealant squeezes out around the switch and then wipe off the excess. I used the washer and nut that came with the switch to hold everything in place until it dryed then removed the washer and nut and installed the boot. This way I can tighten the nut down and make sure the switch is pulled into the recess all the way, the boot doesn't tighten down very tight and if it's over tightened it can leak. I did this on the first canister and it never leaked until just recently. I used RTV the first time but it doesn't last very long in the water and the UV light from the sun. This time I used the 3M 5200 marine sealant which is made for exactly this type of application. I also placed some RTV around the base of the boot inside the switch gaurd as an added precaution. Take a look at the pictures of my light on my MSN site and you'll see some close up shots of the switch and sealant. The pics of my light are on the second page of the pictures section.

Good luck and let me know if it works.

Back
Top Bottom