Where to go - 10 days in November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kryssa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The husband and I are both relatively experienced recreational divers. We were last in the water in November. I'm going to hit my 100th dive on this next trip!

I have 10 days off in November - Thanksgiving and the following week.

We are looking for most would call a luxury resort with at least 2 dives scheduled a day. Comfortable rooms, a nice pool or beach, spa services, and great food. Warm water is a must (78F+)

We initially started thinking Belize, but we had bad weather when we were in Roatan November 2012. It rained every day, sometimes all day.

Should we look to the west? South Pacific islands? We've never dove further west than Hawaii.

Any suggested are appreciated!

Does the trip have to be land based? The fact that you are considering a "luxury resort" and prepared to go as far as the South Pacific suggests that budget is not a problem. Assuming that to be the case, Raja Ampat is ideal in November but to get the best out of RA, you need to be on a liveaboard yacht.

Maldives are good in November too. There is a choice of good dive resorts and dive boats.

Wakatobi Resort in southeastern Sulawesi is another consideration. It is certainly a very luxury resort and the 'house reef' there is reputedly vast and varied. I am going there in 2 months time.

Southern Cross Club Little Cayman would fit the bill.

Anse Chastanet on St Lucia....beautiful place, great spa, pure luxury...and we get some occasional deals there.

In re the OP, take the Caribbean off your list due to your weather concerns. Sure, you can get great deals in the Caribbean that time of year, guess why?

In November, the Caribbean storm season is in full swing, although the ABCs and Bay Islands may only have rain storms (versus the Hurricane probabilities North of that line), but you already learned that lesson from a prior trip to Belize... A common hurricane target itself.

Go anywhere else in the world, not the Caribbean in November.

Luxury resort experience is going to narrow it down very quickly. Luxury resort to me equates to a 4.5 to 5 start resort, however many scuba divers throw around the "luxury" word all the time then describe the 3 star resort they went to and how great it was.

kia-aerial-lg_0.jpg

Stay at the Kia Ora Rangiroa in French Polynesia, you want Luxury? You can have an over water bungalow or a private villa with it's own pool. 10 days is the perfect amount of days to have for FP because of the travel days and no dive day on the end, 10 days will give you 7 days of diving in awesome weather, warm water and be some of the best diving you can find, shooting the passes with sharks, mantas and dolphins.

Gotta agree with Doc, Thanksgiving in the Caribbean is always a crap shoot with weather. You could end up with a week's worth of sunshine, a weeks worth of rain or a mixture of both.

I have exactly the same problem... and dates... looks like Fiji for me... and if you pick the same let me know.. I'm also close to my 100th!~

+1 on St. Lucia. Anse Chastenet is great. Also Ti Kaye is similar. A bit lower key and less expensive than Anse Chastenet.

I have exactly the same problem... and dates... looks like Fiji for me... and if you pick the same let me know.. I'm also close to my 100th!~
Where in Fiji are you staying?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

If you are interested in experiencing something new and Pacific suits, I totally recommend you visit Galapagos islands, located almost 1000 km from the mainland, these islands feature an incredible number of endemic marina flora and fauna. The best way to dive Galapagos islands is a live aboard trip. The diving there is still good in Nov. We can offer you 3 boats sailing in this region, but they are fully booked or have only 1 place in November left, except for the trip called Galapagos Sky Cruise on board of Galapagos Sky on Nov 22nd-29th 2015, where they still have several places left. You can follow the links to learn more about the boat and the itinerary and also make your booking request online.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom