Where to go... where to go... Roatan? Bonaire?

Where to go? Bonaire... Belize... Roatan?? New camera housing

• Belize

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Bonaire

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Roatan

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BobRussell:
I've been to all three and have to cast my vote for Belize. Shore diving in Bonaire may be a security problem, Roatan has great walls and micro photo ops. Belize has it all except shore dives.
Roatan ! Roatan ! Roatan ! CCV ! How many dives a day in Belize ? You can do 2 boat trips a day, that's 4 dives right there. 1 shore dive & 1 night dive....... daily. That's 30 dives in 5 days, if you can hang !:eyebrow: You can do more too, if you need to. Where can you do all that diving, with such ease ? GO TO ROATAN ! You won't regret it. Good Viz.

I just returned from a trip to Roatan and thought I would pass along an update. We stayed at Fantasy Island. They offer a 50% discount the first two weeks of January so may want to keep in mind for next year. We had 3 cloudy days and the rest sunny. The ocean was calm but vis was 50-60' due to the end of the rainey season. The no-see-ums are reduced at this time of the year and we had been told that during the summer it is hard to sit on the beach due to the little bugs. The dive operation was very good and all sites are within 10-20 minutes from the resort. They have 3 dives a day plus, what they call, beach diving. The beach dive is actually a boat dive from a small boat to a site close to the resort. The food was great. We did go to Los Palmas and go on a shark dive that was worth it for me as I had not been on a similar dive.

After our week there we went inland to San Pedro Sula and Copan. We had a great 4 days and had a private guide who arranged all activities at a very affordable price. They provided van transportation, hotels and guided trips. If you plan a trip like this the side trip is well worth it to see the ruins and culture. The tour agent in San Pedro Sula is Gilberto and he can be contacted at mayanct@hondutel.hn It was a great 10 day trip.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom