where to JUST snorkel???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seapray

Reaction score
# of dives
I don't dive, just snorkel... where's the best place for a long weekend in October, or school vacation weeks in February and April? How about for Christmas weeK?

Any other good informative online groups for "just-snorkelers"?

Thanks - new to this :)

Snorkeling / Freediving - ScubaBoard
Snorkeling - A total guide to snorkeling, snorkeling equipment and locations

For short trips you might look at St. Thomas's East End. There's decent snorkeling at Sapphire Beach and Coki Beach. It can be a littlle over-run when the cruise ships are in port though. And take the ferry over to St. John for the day - St John Snorkeling. It's a little pricey to stay there though.

Or Curacao. Some dive sites I had more fun snorkeling while swimming back than I did diving (almost...lol) Just about every entry is off a sandy beach. The Tugboat dive site - one of the better dives east of town - is 20' deep at the boat. It's fairly easy to get to thru MIA, in addition to flights on AA and Continental look at Insel Air - they're based in Curacao and fly to MIA now.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom