Where to stay in Sipadan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I stayed at Scuba Junkie Mabul and they guaranteed a permit if you booked their 4d/3n package so I'm surprised your resort won't even guarentee a permit with 5 days!

Just back from Sipadan... we miss SeaVentures Dive Rig already! We stayed 8 days/7 nights and had FOUR (4) permits for Sipadan (even though we opted to give the last up to dive Blue Liberty our last day).

I can't say enough about SDR, it's all about diving, but it's like home, you can chill, you can eat, you dive all you want!

And let me say this, this is absolutely one of the best 'house reefs' ANYWHERE, there is more underneath the rig than you will see on most reef dives anywhere in the world. Literally you can find anything from a lion fish or moray, to 10-15 nudies in a 10 square meter area, the man made artificial reefs are full of fish and other wildlife, and don't forget to say hello to the giant grouper hovering around one of the six rig pylons.

And the kicker? Food is awesome, but not having to walk all the way from a bungalow and back is better! and then there is the fact that on the rig, you feel the sea breeze from any direction it's blowing! Oh, did I mention that there are NO BUGS!!! meaning you spend no time slapping at mosquitos, and more time chatting it up with your buddies who seem to change almost daily!! and then there is the BBQ and live band on Friday night!

I was worried we would get bored, didn't happen, we trained, we dived, we enjoyed Sipadan, Blue Liberty, and especially the rig house reef, it all ended too soon!!

We stayed at Kapalai for just 3 nights, and they made very sure to get us to Sipadan on the first day. I think they really do try hard to make sure everyone gets there. Totally worth it for the jack-nado!!

The bungalows were just magical. Expensive, but oh so worthwhile. Food also was fantastic.

I can't say enough about SDR, it's all about diving, but it's like home, you can chill, you can eat, you dive all you want!!

I've stayed at Seaventures once (my profile pic was taken at Sipadan) and it was by far the best dive experience of my life ever. Pro's?

- No need to walk to & from the dive school, you are already there.
- Excellent service. We literally just needed to put our gear on and dive, nothing else. The transfers were organised really well too.
- Great atmosphere. As you said I was worried to get bored, but unlike some of the resorts there's only divers on this platform, so you live and breath diving.
- Great house reef. if you do get bored you can always just hop step on the lift and they'll lower you into the water. Diving couldn't be easier.
- Indeed, nice breeze and no mosquitos.

The rooms are basic but you won't spend much time there. Can't wait to go back some day.

I stayed at Scuba Junkie resort on Mabul and loved it. Great professional DMs and Instructors, good food, great atmosphere.
I went two times to Sea Ventures reef and confirm it's a great dive for macro lovers as me, but all around Mabul and Kapalai there are great dives for both macro and big stuff.

I dived there during Nov 2014 and it was really nice - full of lives, both Macro as well as Micro. Stayed at Mabul Resort ( land ones). The bungalow was a little away from the house reef, but it hardly matters.

Would love to return there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom