Where to stay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoccerJeni

Scuba Baby
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have a group going to Cozumel over the week of NYE. We would like to stay at an all inclusive place (rooms, food, drinks, scuba). Is there such a place that includes Scuba & Drinks (I know, crazy combo right)? What would you recommend?

There are many places in Cozumal that are AI (which include alcohol) but none that I have heard of that include scuba diving. That being said, you can get an AI and pay only $30 per dive at some places (pre-paid).

Scuba Club Cozumel includes diving in their pricing but I don't think it includes alcohol. Keep in mind Cozumel has many small OPs that will pick you up at just about any AIs pier. Some AIs charge a pier fee others do not. Most AIs have an in house dive OP you can use as well. Most of those limit dive time (45 minutes) and have a set schedule. You can have many options depending how flexible your group is.

It's very easy to add dive packages to almost any AI choice. I prefer to do that separately for various reasons. Have fun.

Don's right better to book separately.Sometimes hard to get your money back for missed dives and during new years it is possible to lose a day of diving do to weather.Hotel Cozumel offers a complete package and has good hotel and dive operation.

Cozumel Palace is the best AI on the island IMO, the package includes resort credits which can be used for diving with the onsite dive op.

You're going to have a hard time finding a package that includes both alcohol and diving. You probably can get a deal which includes both at Hotel Cozumel, which is a very nice resort - nice rooms, huge swimming pool. But the food, in my opinion, is TERRIBLE. I try to avoid AIs in Cozumel - I won't go into all the details here, but you can find my rants all over these boards about why I think AIs are a bad idea in Cozumel. But I have stayed at Hotel Cozumel, July 2012, and I ended up going out to dinner 5 nights out of 7 because I couldn't take the food. Also, if you do the all-in-one pricing at Hotel Cozumel, you'll dive with Dive Paradise. It's not a bad Dive Op, but you'll get time limited diving-- first dive to 80 feet for 45 minute, 1 hour SI on boat, second dive to 60 feet for 45 minutes, then back to the Hotel. You won't be able to dive your computer or your tank. Frankly, I think you can find a higher quality deal booking dives separately -- there are several Dive Ops that will cut you a deal for multiple days of diving with a group, and several that will provide more service and better diving (IMHO).

i go with a group every December to Coz, and we stay at Casa Del Mar and dive with Dive With Martin. Casa Del Mar gives us a group rate on the rooms and Dive With Martin gives us a group rate for 5 days of diving. Casa Del Mar does have an AI plan, though we don't use it; we just get breakfast at the Casa Del Mar (included in room price), then go to different restaurants for lunch and dinner. There are a LOT of very good restaurants in Cozumel, and for $30 a day or less per person for lunch and dinner, you can eat very well. Now the alcohol might add a lot to the budget if you have heavy drinkers in the group, and that might be reason to do the AI thing.

Also, if you do the all-in-one pricing at Hotel Cozumel, you'll dive with Dive Paradise. It's not a bad Dive Op, but you'll get time limited diving-- first dive to 80 feet for 45 minute, 1 hour SI on boat, second dive to 60 feet for 45 minutes, then back to the Hotel. You won't be able to dive your computer or your tank.

I was extremely happy with Dive Paradise. We didn't have a 45 min limit. My first dive I got 90 min, 100', two tank dive (was slinging the extra AL80) where we covered four dive sites in the dive. Second dive I got 59 min, 65', single tank.

I was extremely happy with Dive Paradise. We didn't have a 45 min limit. My first dive I got 90 min, 100', two tank dive (was slinging the extra AL80) where we covered four dive sites in the dive. Second dive I got 59 min, 65', single tank.

Glad to hear that. It was not my experience. Did you have some special arrangements for the dual tank dive?

Glad to hear that. It was not my experience. Did you have some special arrangements for the dual tank dive?

We arranged for a private boat from Dive Paradise for our group for 3 tanks per diver for 2 dives. Then same arrangement for a second day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom