Where to wear a dive computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Someday, not for a long time yet I hate to say, heads up, in mask display. Not in this working stiff's budget, right now, but after I got to play with one last Jan on Bonaire I fell in love.

Talk @ hands free! Yours and your buddy's, heads up. SWEET!

As I said, someday....

those sound interesting

i wish they'd be cheaper

I wear my primary computer on my right arm above my SK7 compass. Like TS&M I rotate it so that I can sea it with a simle glance down. I prefer the computer on my right arm as all my BC controls are oon my left side.

I wear my computer above the compass on the right arm just free of the wrist so when I ascend or descend I can control buoyancy with my left hand and follow the ascend / descend on my computer.

Computer on the right, compass on the left.

Same.

It makes sense as soon as you start scootering.

All the best, James

My primary computer (Shearwater Pursuit) is always on my left arm, I place it on my forearm, closer to my wrist than my elbow, and skew it so that I don't have to move my arm to read the numbers on it.

Interesting thread.
Since I am getting back into diving after a long period out of the sport computers and bottom timers are all new toys to me.

I have a VT3 which I wrist mount to my left inside forearm. My dive timer (watch with redundant depth and time at depth recorders) is currently in my BC pocket since the OEM strap is way too short for wearing over a wetsuit much less a drysuit. I have a 17 inch band on order and will wear it on the right inside forearm. Compass is on a retractor on my BC.

Back
Top Bottom