Where was everyone?!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Jim,
I did say that I couldn't be there - I had a weekend of fun with 200 screaming youngsters in Folkestone!
I might review that option for next year. ;-)
Was it a good show... and importantly, was the beer cold?

Main reason for coming up was to look for a new computer - picked one up pre show so couldn't really justify cost of travelling, etc. Also was grubbing around in the silt at Horsea Island on Sunday.

Ian

Excuses excuses! :wink:

To be honest, if I didn't have to go I would have found and a reason not to visit as well. It's a glorified dive gear car boot sale!

But you all missed my humpback whale & shark shots from Tahiti.

The beer was cold in the evenings - didn't have a chance to drink during the day.

Other problems with the B'ham dive show is that on Friday & Saturday night all the exhibitors go out for a curry, so the atmosphere in the show is usually Martian in aspect. Too much methane! Not that I ever drop wind.

BYe for now
Jim

Hey Jim, Sorry I couldnt make it, cost really became a factor when I realised its more pricey to goto Birmingham than it is to goto France (go figure) so I couldnt really afford it being out of a contract at the moment (wouldnt happen to be any recruitment consultants among us would there? :wink:
I had my first dive sunday though (well, pool session anyway), so I am on my way to my OW finally, hopfully finished by christmas, as we use Drysuits we should be able to dive during the colder months too :wink:

I will definatly be at the London show though, although we will hopefully all hook up for some beers before then! :)

I live about 15 minutes (by fast m/bike) away from the site of LIDS, so me and Scubaby will be going. Mainly for me to meet up with some good freinds that I missed at the Brum one.

Will be going probably both days! (got a lot of catching up to do!)

Back
Top Bottom