Where was your first OW dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First ocean OW was in Cozumel and it was great! Heading back in 2 months. This time with 2 of our kiddos..

My first dive ever was a resort course in Cozumel. Talk about getting spoiled!!

Two years later, my first OW dive for a class was in a North Carolina quarry/dive park.

Checkouts were at Blue Grotto and Devil's Den in Williston FL. First dive without an instructor watching us the whole time was DiveQuest at Epcot. My first true open water dive was in Ft Lauderdale, we did a shore dive to the reefs in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea.

The second shore dive we did, a storm was starting to roll in, but the waves were pretty small and it was still pretty far away, so we decided to try it anyway. By the time my dive buddy and I came back up, the surf had gotten pretty choppy and it was slightly difficult getting back out onto the sand. Apparently our significant others thought we were drowning and had to come rescue us! The two of us ended up walking about 4 blocks to a gas station in pouring rain, because our significant others were pretty upset with us and soaking wet, so they drove the car to a covered area and didn't have room for us and our gear until they repacked the car better. :p Even though they were mad at us and soaked to the bone, we couldn't regret the dive because we saw three sting rays and an octopus and it definitely got the two of us completely hooked!

Nubble Light House in York, Maine

Water Temp = 39F
Air Temp = 28F
Winds = 30+ MPH

Thanks to the conditions on land, the water was down right comfy.

My first OW dives were at Blue Grotto and Rainbow River near Williston, Fl. My first OW ocean dives were at Key Largo with Horizon Divers. These dives included an underwater wedding (not mine!) at the Christ of the Abyss; which was pretty cool! Looking forward to going back to Key Largo this July for the Invasion!:D:D

my frist OW dives were at Sund Rock, Hoodsport Washington... nothing like low viz and 45 degree water to start things off right...

Did my advanced OW in Hawaii... after that I only do training dives in the Pacific NW. If you can dive here you can dive anywhere.

lol most divers wont come with me my first dive was in a canal basin only 5 meters of water but 2 more if you count the fine silt, once you hit that it all goes black sure does teach you to stay off the bottom.

First "official" OW dive was at Gab Gab beach in Guam, loved it from the start, then, as I sometimes do now, kick myself in the head for not getting certed earlier. It has changed my life.

Back
Top Bottom