Where was your first OW dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

....the Dominican Republic.
It was a beautiful place with lots of life.
At least that's how I remember it. I was only 12 then ('65).
In the mid 70s it used to be frequently visited by hammerheads, mantas and turtles.
I've been back a once three years ago, but the coral is now all dead and there's no life whatsoever. What a shame!
Happy Diving,
Pedro

Check out dives in Feb. 2004 at Aquarena Springs, San Marcos, TX. Temp 71 year round.
Next stop Ambergris Caye for 25th anniversary and 5 days of diving with the cutest blonde around she was a buddy long before we started diving. Hope to be back there many times before the next 25yrs fly by.

My first "open water" dive was in a quarry in Indiana called Hidden Paradise (had to have named by somebody with a really warped sense of humor). Dove quarries for a couple of years. First real dive was in Cozumel. Been hooked ever since.

I did a wreck dive in NC off the coast of Wilmington. Before that I did my open water checkout dives at Millbrook Quarry in Haymarket, Virginia.

i did mine at some islands off the southern part of Singapore,the vist was terrible...0.25m-2m...5m(ONLY ON SOME DAYS IF YOU ARE REALLY LUCKY)...i should say that itiz muck diving. I have learnt to appreiate other dive sites after diving there.

San Carlos, Mexico - in the Sea of Cortez - like just about every other diver in southern Arizona at the time. (I was a student at the UofA when I got certified.)

The trash dump behind the Barracuda Hotel in Cozumel

All you guys seem to have found great places for check out dives. My check out dives were in Lake DeGray in Arkansas. My first dive after that was off the jettie @ Fort Pickins in Pensecola Beach, FL. Did 2 more dives there. Too bad the place got torn up so badly last summer.

Got hooked on a Discover Scuba class in Cozumel... then came back to Texas and got certified... Certification dives in Possum Kingdom - while the lake was turning - talk about a mud hole! and just after I had been in Blue waters.. I had been spoiled before I started!

Thankfully the next dives were in Bermuda.. and I survived the Triange!

Back
Top Bottom