Where would you like to go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warhammer

Reaction score
I'm trying to put a trip together and would like to know where you all would like to go. This will be an at cost trip, meaning that whatever price the hotel/resort gives us, is what you pay. Any freebies can either be split to reduce everyone's price or we can give them away to a member here, your choice. So where would you guys and gals like to go and when? It doesn't necessarily have to be some place exotic, it can be any place, you name it. I would however like to keep the price to a minimum so that more of us can go.

I'd say head to a place close to you....Panama City. From what I hear, there are plenty of reefs, wrecks, springs, and more to dive, decent/cheep hotels, good eateries, and heading to Devils Den or Gennie Springs is also doable.

That's my domestic choice #1. #2 would be Key West, and Corsair can help you with some good dive operations (he goes there every November for Pirates in Paradise).

How many days and what time of year are you thinking?

Keys sound cool, though a tad too accesible for me. I woould rather do something like the Flower Gardens, or Venezuela. (Can't go back to Columbia just yet...)

I heard Southern California is nice... :D

It's difficult for me to commit too far in advance. My schedule changes almost day to day. Keep us posted though and I'll see if I can get away for a while.

Has something for everybody, easy diving* for the newbies, more challenging stuff for the oldbies, and for the one who like to lurk in the caves and caverns you can take the ferry across to the mainland.

*easy diving is a relative term, diving down toward the south end of the island is easier than midway upward toward the north end.

ID

All those sound great to me. I've never been to Coz, yeah I know I'm working on it, so that sounds real good. I visit Panama City pretty regularly, so that would be a sinch to set up. Headed there in a few weeks, as a matter of fact. But I really don't care where we go, long as we can get up a good group of us to go. I'd love to meet and dive with you guys, so this is a great way to kill two birds with one stone. As far as the dates go, I'm open for suggestions there as well. I'd perfer it be after the first of the year, but I might could swing something as early as November. But remember the winter months are generally higher priced in the Caribbean. And the diving conditions in Panama City get a little rough in the winter time. If we went there, I'd really like to dive the Mica and I believe just about everyone quits going to it around about now. Rick could help here though, as he's dove it several times. You guys just use this thread to get your heads together and maybe come up with something that's doable for several of us.

Was for 4 days, 3 nights, all inclusive, air fare out of D/FW for $656.00

ID

I vote for something in the States- warm water, maybe Keys or somewhere in FL.
That way airfare won't be cost prohibitive for people.
Cozumel is great for a combo of levels of expertise (I am a beginner and just got back from 10 day vacation) but airfare from Baltimore was pricey and made the all inclusive price go up for us.
A long weekend (3 to 4 days) might work best for people- just a few days off from work.
Thanks for thinking of us!
Diana

Look at the trip we are trying to get together in october.

Look at the dates one those old posts....9/01....almost a year ago!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom