Where's the bone yard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rwbert

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can anyone give me the coordance to the boneyard in Venice I dive off venice beach all the time but no one seems to want to give up the coordance to the boneyard

Can anyone give me the coordance to the boneyard in Venice I dive off venice beach all the time but no one seems to want to give up the coordance to the boneyard

I've seen this asked a lot. My nephew asked me today if I had found out the cords yet so we can take my boat out there. However I have never seen an answer. The closest I've found is ReefGuys directions posted on here.

The coordinates for the boneyard have been posted several times in the recent past. If you do a search with "boneyard" as your search keyword you should find the GPS numbers. Also if you go to google earth, locate Golden Beach(about halfway between Alhambra and Service Club beaches) look due west about 1/2 mile you will see a boat setting on the boneyard. You can get the #'s there too.

Sh@rkW@tcher:
Also if you go to google earth, locate Golden Beach(about halfway between Alhambra and Service Club beaches) look due west about 1/2 mile you will see a boat setting on the boneyard. You can get the #'s there too.

Using that method, I find 27°05'07.28" N 82°28'08.38" W

Using that method, I find 27°05'07.28" N 82°28'08.38" W

And there you have it!
Thanks Walter, I didn't feel like dragging out my GPS to retrieve the numbers. Maybe now people will quite asking this question and take the time to do the search. The vessel sitting on the boneyard is "Hammerhead", the Florida West dive boat. I've posted those directions a couple of times. I'm glad to see someone that knows how to use them.

That place is big not just one small area. the more exploring you do the more rewarding you will become.

anyone ever dive between manasota and caspersons?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom