Wheres the cheapest lead on the island?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yukoncherry

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Wondering what kind of prices are out there per pound for lead, or better yet if anyone knows the where abouts of some used dive weights for sale on the island?

Check out tire repair places as they use lead for balancing tires. Some places are HAPPY for you to take it.

Otherwise I was getting it for about $3/lb (which is pricey) at a local place in Richmond...

How much you need? I got a bit of a stash.

Wondering what kind of prices are out there per pound for lead, or better yet if anyone knows the where abouts of some used dive weights for sale on the island?

hey Owen, right on, ideally I want to buy 35lb but any amount would help. Let m know how much you can part with and what you want for it and we can try to arrange meeting up. If not this weekend might have to wait till next week though.

And to answer my own question so far the cheapest sparkling new lead Ive found is Union Bay Diving for $2.75/lb.

I actually am currently using lead I got that was used for balancing a truck, good suggestion. However with the shap edges its cutting through my belt and cold possibly cut through my suit. I intend to melt it down and use it as a spare.

Thats a pretty good price. I will check and see how much I have to spare. And PM you. In the mean time try these guys. They sometimes punch out some good deals.

Alberni Foundry Ltd
4661 Dundalk Avenue South,
Port Alberni, BC V9Y 8P2
250-723-6414

Will soft bulk weight work? Or you looking for slabs?

Sorry haven't had my coffee yet this morning...

Do you know a place to get a belt that soft weight would fit into? Do you mean small pellets? Slabs are easy to deal with, whatever you have that you can part with that will help me sink. Im off to Tofino till next week Ill send you a PM when Im back in town. Cheers

I'm coming to Campbell River in March and I have a 32lb SeaSoft and four 5lb soft bags that I'll let you have cheap.

I'm coming to Campbell River in March and I have a 32lb SeaSoft and four 5lb soft bags that I'll let you have cheap.

Sneaking in on my deal? :wink:

go to your local pistol range and collect the hardcast bullets of the berm after a good rain. it's very clean, super hard lead, no jacket. any range with IPSC or IDPA matches will be covered in it. I have 50 or so lbs of it now, great for filling shot bags or melting into blocks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom