which arm for dive computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to wear mine on the left, now i wear it on the right....mostly for deflating and inflating bcd.

+ What he said. I am now lost. :confused:

maybe you can't remember which arm you compass is on?

I do the opposite. Light (and compass) on the left. Computer on the right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious. What do you do to illuminate your compass when navigating at night?

For this reason I have both dive computer and compass on left, backup dive watch on right and light also on right at night although no problem to invert everything provided light is opposite main instruments.

I don't wear a compass, I go commando.:D

Just curious. What do you do to illuminate your compass when navigating at night?

My compasses (some dating back to the '70s) all glow. I give em a shot of light every couple minutes to keep them going.

By contrast, one of my dive computers glows, but only for a few seconds after illuminating for 30s+, and not very well. Another has a light thats impossible to operate with gloves on. The other two don't have anything.

Wearing both on the right arm would be one solution to this if your arm's big enough, although I can imagine issues with scooters.

Does this mean there is no real correct answer and that it could be on either side depending on your needs? Who'd a thunk it!

Does this mean there is no real correct answer and that it could be on either side depending on your needs? Who'd a thunk it!

That's may take on it. Do whatever works for you.

FWIW: I wear mine on my left wrist leaving my right hand free for a light, reel, or whatever. If I can't take my eyes off of it for a couple of seconds to dump a little air without ascending too fast, I need more practice.

Left for compass, right for computer. Just personal preference.

I do not think there is any "Right way"-except maybe for some who are all about-"Where do I clip this? Where do I clip that" etc.

For most divers it seems to be a non issue.

Back
Top Bottom