which arm for dive computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Left wrist too, my computer doesn't light (Zoop) so when it's dark or I'm night diving I need to light it once in awhile.(my flashlight in my right hand) And because I'm diving in a drysuit I don't really use my inflator when I'm coming back up.

Left wrist for both of my computers (redundancy) since the right hand is holding my video rig.

... In addition to venting the wing, if you have a drysuit to vent, you won't be able to see your computer while you do that either, if you have the computer on the left wrist.
I don't understand this. My valve on my drysuit is on the left bicep. When ascending, if I raise my left arm a little to vent, it puts my computer (on my left wrist), right up in my face. Of course this assumes that most DS configutations have the valve on the left arm.

Both,... I use 2 computers.:D

Why do you you 2 arms for 2 computers?

Serious question, not taking a shot as it really not significant in either case IMO. If I am running 2 computers, I am solo and I want to check both, being next to each other it is less work and I am lazy bum so I mount them side by side on the same arm.

I have a Datamask and so it isn't an issue. I can see it no matter what I am doing with my arms.:D

With Bp/W's all your dumps are on your left side. With standard Jackets and Back-inflate you usually have your inflator on your left with a shoulder dump and butt dump on your right.

Traditionally you should have your computer in your right hand whether it's mounted on a hose to your left or on your right wrist.

I have a BP/W with two "butt dumps," one on my right and one on the left.

Traditionally, you should put your computer where it works for you, not always or necessarily in your right hand. Some of us can make ascents without adding or dumping air, and without constantly looking at our computers.

Dive your own dive, wear your gear where it works for you. The only thing necessary is that you be able to use it when needed.

I wear my computer on my left forearm face in. This leaves my right hand free if needed for anything and I can see it on my left forearm in most situations. I find this works very well for ascending if I have my BC inflator hose in my left hand holding it up, the computer is right in front of my face.

I am right handed and wear both wrist computer/BT and wristwatch on my right hand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom