Which Camcorder?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The two are each other's direct competition so I can't pick a clear favorite. Although I like Sony personally.

A bigger consideration might be housing selection. You'll have more choices with the Sony since it has a LANC port so there's probably over a dozen electronic housing mfr's that make one for it. With the Canon you're be limited to the mechanical housing mfr's: Ikelite, Equinox or Aquavideo - at least here in the US.

And all the mechanical housings are also available for the Sony. One advantage that the Ikelite/Sony combination has is that Ikelite has developed reversing circuitry so that pans in their mirror are correct left to right. Their Canon model doesn't support this feature.

Would anyone happen to know today's price in the US for Sony HDR-HC7E? Here it's 1200 USD + sales tax (deductable for me...)

$1148 at B&H Photo Video.
$1144 at Adorama

Two reputable NYC photo/video dealers.

But when you add shipping to Norway it's over $1200

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom