Which computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mares Puck is an excellent computer. Easy to program and use, feature rich, and rugged. Built with rental programs in mind. No probs at all.

Scuba Pro (Uwatec) Tec2G

The good news is there are a lot of good choices out there to choose from. Start off by deciding what is more important. Wrist watch size/style? Clean screen with large easy to read numbers? Color coded bar graphs? User changeable batteries? PC downloadable?

Once you've got that all down, it should help you narrow down the choices.

This guy knows whats up. Computers for the most part are all quite similar with regards to durability, but battery life, bells and whistles, and deco algorithm can differ greatly between models. Some folks want a computer that's very liberal with bottom time, others wish to be more conservative.

Figure out what features you want, algorithm (if it really matters to you), then put all those into a list and throw a dart to pick one. That's about the difference, IMO.

Peace,
Greg

I'm kinda leaning towards the Mares Puck. I have done some research and for the price it seems like what I'm looking for. Anyone have any negative experiences with them?

My husband and I both bought the Mares Puck Wrist about 2 years ago. No problems at all, not even had to change the battery yet (with over 150 dives each). The interface is large enough to read well, it's easy to scroll through the menus to find what you need and it's nitrox compat right out of the box. Excellent choice for my type of diving, recreational.

Have you considered the Zeagle N2ition2?

Nice little wrist computer with 2 gas mix, self changable battery, easy to read (no air intergration though)

Yeah, I have looked at all the other ones but I really like the functions of the puck compared to the price. It has some really nice features without paying over $250.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom