Which Dive Op Can Pickup Near Casa Mexican and Hotel Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sinistar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Everyone,

This year we have 3 divers. Two are staying at the Casa Mexican and 1 is staying at the Hotel Cozumel. We have used Dive Paradise in the past and we'd like to try something different.

To all the Cozumel experts here as well as any Dive Shop owners...does anyone pickup someplace around the Casa Mexicana and can they also stop by/close to the Hotel Cozumel on the way down south each morning? The 2 divers at the Casa Mexicana are okay getting on down at the Hotel Barracuda if needed. Not sure what is close to the Hotel Cozumel if you can't get in right there. The Casa Mexicana breakfast at 7am, we can probably be ready by 740am.

We are looking for a week of 2-tank morning dives. If there was an option for a few (2-3) afternoon dives it would be great. Standard tanks are fine, if bigger tanks used that's okay too. All three of us have been to Cozumel many times. Only 1 diver with camera rig (not big). We're okay with being picked up at the hotel if that helps any! Small boats are okay, ideally they would be covered. Would be nice if the surface interval was on the beach (if they still do that). Gear valet would be nice too.

Any suggestions / recommendations?

I guess my suggestion would be for all the divers to stay at the same hotel and greatly simplify the logistics. I'm sure there are ops that you can pick up downtown and Hotel Coz but you're narrowing your options.

A large number of ops can fit that bill. Salty
Endeavors
picks me up at the Safari pier across from Casa Mexicana at 8:10 every morning this week, and Hotel Cozumel has a pier with no opposition to others picking up there. No need to change hotels.

Ok, I'll back off a bit in suggesting to stay in one hotel for purposes of diving but it's going to also add difficulty in logistics for getting together to go to dinner and other non-diving stuff. Or maybe you only intend to dive together and not hang out together topside. I'm probably projecting my own style of hanging out with the group.

I think you will need to be ready a bit earlier to fit Tres Pelicanos schedule. They pick me up at Hotel Cozumel at 7:40AM.

Another vote for Tres Pelicanos right around the corner from the Casa Mexicana. 35 minutes for breakfast at the Casa + 5 minute walk to the shop puts you at teh shop at 7:40 AM for courtesy transport to the boats and back. That's a no-brainer for me. The 2 can stay at the Casa Mexicana and the other can stay at the Hotel Cozumel where they can be picked up and dropped from that establishment free of charge as well by 3P's. The individual staying at the Hotel Cozumel will have to hoof it up to town if they intend to go out for dinner with the others and such. If I were to guess Hotel Cozumel is about 1 mile south of the Casa Mexicana so like cicopo said, they will usually get picked up there somewhere between 7:40 and 7:45 AM. No guarantees he/she will be picked up and dropped off by the same ride you are in but 3P's will see to it you are always on the same boat together regardless of rides to and from the marina..

Thanks for all the replies.

Time to make some calls. I'll probably try Tres Pelicanos first as I think I know a DM that works for them now. Do you know if Tres Pelicano's does a surface interval on the beach? And if they ever run any afternoon dives...heck maybe an afternoon up North by request? I haven't dove up north in about 10 years.

Re: Same hotels. Everyone has their preferred hotels. I'm hooked on the Casa Mexicana (breakfast, beds, location). The couple (with the one diver) really likes the Hotel Cozumel (hot tub, pool, waterfront). Rather than force them to stay with the others, I figured some of the cool dive shops would be able to help us out. They will probably join us for dinner several nights...but not every night and they don't mind the walk or might walk there and cab back. All pretty laid back if you ask us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom