Which Drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the Pinnacle EVO2, its a fantastic suit and I have extremely pleased with it so far, but if I were going to buy one again I would seriously look into getting the Whites Fusion. Whites makes great suits, I like them a lot as well.

EVO2 pros/cons
Pros-
relatively easy self entry and exit, takes a little practice, but not too bad,
good strong/thick seals all the way around, the neck is noticably softer than the wrist so it doesn't choke you
Neck gaiter- keeps the neck seal warmer
SI Tech valves (probably best in the business)
as close to bullet proof durability that I have seen

Cons- man is it heavy, the suit by itself is a couple of pounds... ie may not be the best travel suit, but I get by with it.

When you first get it, its a bit stiff, and therefore clumsy, but after about 20-30 dives it softens up a little and you get used to it, I personnally notice more mobility restriction from my gloves (7mm Kevlar palmed mitts) than the suit.

I also have a Pinnacle Evolution 2. I really like mine and I don't think I would want any other suit. I used a DUI CF200 (I think) once and although it was nice, I personally just didn't like it enough to swing my choice to a DUI. As with many other pieces of dive gear, it's all about personal prefferance and the type of diving you will be doing.

If possible try each suit out before you bite the bullet and buy one

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom