Which equipment??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might want to correct your typos in that link, and add a regulator to the list.

Due to the price I was planning to rent the bcd, regulator etc. until we finish the course and maybe go on a couple of dives after. At least that way I’ll be able to reassess and commit wholly to the sport.

That makes sense. Never thought about the fins that way.

Seems like 7mm will be the way to go in my region. What are the chances of overheating when wearing a 7mm wet suit though? I never knew that was a thing.

Thanks for the link. I’ll definitely have a read of it. Cheers mate

I dive locally in similar temperatures and there is no chance I would overheat in the water (I would feel cold in winter) with a 7mm. YMMV.

I’ve never really had an issue with overheating in a thick wetsuit. Just pull out at the seal around the neck or the wrists to let in some cold water. However it can become hot and stuffy before and after the dive, especially when climbing up the cliff at Cape Schank wearing the full set of gear. I did that many times in my younger days.

It’s a good idea to try out some gear during the training then decide what to buy afterwards. Just ask lots of questions.

Hey there TeamAndrol
Great to hear you’re getting into scuba diving!
I’m originally from Victoria and have dived a lot in Port Phillip bay and Mornington peninsula. In summer I used to get by with my surfing steamer wetsuit with the addition of hood & booties. In winter I’d dive with something thicker, 1/4 inch and gloves.
I live in the tropics now (Solomons) but whenever I go back to the peninsula to visit family I buy gear from the Scuba Doctor in Rye. They have an online store but nothing quite beats walking into the shop and talking with the staff.
There is some terrific diving around Victoria. Your gonna love it!

Enjoy!

I can’t wait!!! That’s definitely on the list of shops I want to swing past and have a glance at.

Excited!

Hi Brett, do you have any issues with taking this wetsuit off by yourself? I tried W8 5 mm, and I was not able to remove it from my shoulders. Thanks, Val
Hi Val, no issues taking it off, I just pull one arm out at a time and pull the arms inside out when removing it. Mine is a fairly tight fit too (got lucky ordering it online).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom