which kit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe I get more than I paid, no taxes applicable for this type of good here. The double ball arms are made of light aluminum with ULCS printed on it. Very good manufacturing quality. Don't know the manufacturer of the clamps - but the quality seem better and more sturdy than fantasea clamps which I also have it.
Here my set-up; the housed strobe on the right (Metz 58AF-1 in 10bar housing) is very bulky and heavy.
P10100371.jpg

Wisnu,
don't understand me wrong. I don't say that the arms are of bad quality
i just wanted to advise Zum022 that he has to add freight and custom taxes and clearing and so the whole arm sistem will cost him at least nearly the same as buying it from his local dealer.

Chris

Chris,
It's not wrong to question the quality of ebay's items. My friend got the bad one from other seller. Actually I'm not sure whether ULCS original or not but, the machining and coating quality is good.
Indeed, you've to consider the shipment cost and taxes - but as many of Hongkong & Taiwan seller, they can put any amount you want for custom purpose.
I also agree; get from local dealer if the price different is still realistic.

For me the ULSC arm from ebay would come to about the same price as the flexarm from backscatter. If it's indeed easier to handle and it's good quality I think that would be the way to go.
Thank you both for your help!

Thanks Straegen, I've sent him an email. Do the Sea and Sea strobes allow for eTTL?

here is the best price of B&J arms
Single handle Tray Kit for YS-adaptor underwater strobe - eBay (item 260514025416 end time May-26-10 06:53:35 PDT)
combination of ULCS and other brand. I've bought two set to have dual arms system and very happy. They shipped with spare o-rings.

If you look at the ULCS website, they strongly suggest that Bubble Scuba's stuff is not really ULCS just a cheap Chinese copy.

From the ULCS Website
NOTICE - ALL PRODUCTS SOLD BY "BUBBLE SCUBA" ON EBAY ARE
COPIES OF OUR PRODUCTS AND ARE OF LESSER QUALITY - BUYER BEWARE!
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

so caveat emptor.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom