Which one to get ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nns91

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am looking around to get my first regulator. I am looking at several regs. However, I have no clue how to choose because they all seem similar. The ones that I am looking at are Oceanic EOS, Oceanic Delta 4, Atomic ST1, Atomic B2, and Mares Proton 42.

Any comments will be great.

What kind of diving you are planning to do and in which temperatures?

I am looking for a versatile reg that serves well for general diving purposes including tec. Most of the time, I will be diving in tropical water.

Get something that is able to get serviced easily where u're at.

The Atomics ST1 is nearly $900 for that price you could get an Apeks DST/XTX50/XTX50 with more than enough left over for a decent computer, fins, masks etc...

SangP

I live in Vietnam (where I diver most of the time also) but study in America. Therefore, It would be good if I can find a brand that have service in Asia or SE Asia.

I will take a look at the Apeks XTX 50. Have you had any experience with this reg ?

we dive in Germany in the Lake of Konstanz ( Bodensee ) by 1°C water temp.:D and we dive only Apeks XTX 100 or XTX 200 or XTX 50 on the DS4 .
Atomic is not so good for cold water in Germany

I live in Vietnam (where I diver most of the time also) but study in America. Therefore, It would be good if I can find a brand that have service in Asia or SE Asia.

I will take a look at the Apeks XTX 50. Have you had any experience with this reg ?

Sadly this is one of the few apeks I don't have. I own the FST, FSR & DS4 regs however, the DST is basically a DS4 with a swivel turret which makes it easier to route hoses.

Apeks have a very long and successful history of deep/cold water dives.

Affordable, totally reliable and smooth. There really isn't a need for more expensive regs unless you want the bling factor.

Btw Akimbo, what are you currently diving with?

SangP

I have no issues with the regs you mentioned. A lot of great regs out there.

But..you are over seas and probably looking at one of the on line retailers.

Your best bet, IMO, is to look to purchasing Scubapro or USD/Aqualung/Apeks. They fabricate superior regs as do Atomic and Oceanic. They also, however, can be serviced/warrantied all over the world. I like Mares too. Old established company as are Scubapro and Aqualung..but servicing is not as easy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom