which one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wrecks30

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
OK...So here's the deal, I am planning a trip to Panama City with my wife. I am currently in Afghanistan and need to purchase a camera online so it will be at my house when i get back. I am looking at either the Coolpix L24 with Ikelite housing or the Sealife DC1200. My question is which one is better, more reliable and serve me better? I am not a photographer and only need a point and shoot, are there better options for around the same price range? I am leaning more towards the Nikon.

Thanks

Which DC1200?

Camera and Strobe? is still better than the Ikelite. It's an excellent camera to use.

Piano type button excellent photo result and easy to use underwater. Leaving your hands to operate freely.

The armored construction design to preserve the life of the camera. Decrease scratches and such.

Have fun and enjoy!!!

The DC1200 is a nice point and shoot camera. If $$'s are available get flash, tray(handle) wide angle and closeup lens in kit with case. And do not forget a spare battery. Its compact, light and reasonably capable.

Diver_Pirate

If you can't get the flash I am a big fan of the Nikon l24 Ikelite (even with the flash) It has a way better manual white balance and it is an off the shelf camera if you want to buy a cheap spare to carry arround on land.

I am more of a Canon fan but the L2 is IMHO a little more camera for the money.

thank you for your service, be safe coming home.

Rich

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom