which reel???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

totterfield

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, i`m gonig to buyan ap smb, you know the one that self seals, well i was wondering what is the best reel, i want one not really with a rachet but with one where you can adjust the tension on the line. is there one on the market or not??? cheers Tom

totterfield once bubbled...
Hi, i`m gonig to buyan ap smb, you know the one that self seals, well i was wondering what is the best reel, i want one not really with a rachet but with one where you can adjust the tension on the line. is there one on the market or not??? cheers Tom
While there are ways to use reels with SMB's, it's a royal PITA and not generally done. Most folks (me included) use a spool.
Rick

why do you think its a royal PITA to use a reel?

Shooting a bag with a reel seems easier then taking a spool
to shoot the bag.

:wacko: :confused: :boom:

Never mind, i had it backwards.......jesus no more posting while i'm working........

Yes a reel would be a pain, Spools are much easier to use with a bag

:banging:

totterfield once bubbled...

To answer your question as you posted....
Probably the best reel with adjustable tension would be the Reef Scuba reels. Large Knobs and you can clear it under water. taking the spool off and clearing a line jump and reassembly takes about 30 seconds.

http://www.reefscuba.com/reelsindex.htm

As the others stated though....
if you are shooting a bag and nothing else do look into a spool.

use your finger to add friction so the reel doesn't spin uncontrollably.

this same person taught me how to shoot a bag.

but i used a spool instead after reading about how to use it. i like it because it's less obstrusive - small enough to fit in thigh pocket.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom